“It could not have been better!”

Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“It could not have been better!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I checked into the Hotel Icon for a one night stay. We were going to the Houston Symphony, and wanted a hotel close by. The lobby is charming, and the room was wonderful! It is so nice when an old building is renovated as beautifully as they have done the Icon! The Icon has everything you need, plus old world charm. We loved it! The crowning touch was the complimentary shuttle service, that took us to and from the symphony, and the next day to Brennans' for brunch. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtney B, Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Dear lannigon06,

Our team was thrilled to hear about your recent stay at Hotel ICON. Thank you for the great review. Several of our repeat guests are loyal to the Houston Symphony and also take advantage of our complimentary car service within the downtown area, Theatre and Museum Districts and Sports arenas. And since our car is an 11-passenger Mercedes Sprinter, bring some friends with you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed at the Icon for 2 nights in October while attending a meeting. The meeting was actually held at the Hilton Convention Center but as a Marriott member, I was okay with staying about 1 mile away. One the first morning I walked over but then was told the Icon has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. I used their service for the remainder of my stay.

The gym is nicely updated and the room I got on the 9th floor with 2 double beds was quite spacious. The only problem I had was getting there in a cab when he wasn't sure so I had to pull up the location and address. Otherwise it was a nice and convenient hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank windycityfamily
Dear windycityfamily,

Thank you for going out of your way to stay with Hotel ICON instead of the host hotel for your meeting. We promise those Marriott reward points will pay off with some great perks for you. I'm happy to hear our shuttle service got you where you needed to be daily. And at the end of the day you winded down with some great exercise in our gym. It is one of the largest in the downtown area at right under 1,000 square feet. We just added an exercise ball this week so it will be waiting for you on your next trip. And please contact our concierge for directions at any time. We would be happy to stay on the line until you get to us!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was able to stay at the ICON for two nights on the 9th floor - king bed. From the moment I entered valet parking and went to my room, the hotel staff were courteous and respectful which was a great feeling. I think this hotel is gorgeous - from the entry, elevators, hall way to the rooms, and especially the room decor. I feel like this is the nicest hotel that I have stayed in. I will DEFINITELY stay here again! Thank you, hotel ICON!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear laschuman,

Your review has energized our staff by knowing that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with Hotel ICON. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Icon in Houston on Septemeber 24th after returning from our awesome seven day cruise. We had used an outside agency to reserve a room somewhere downtown. Our bid landed us here, I feared the worse and was kicking myself for using the service. However I must say the Hotel greatly proved me wrong. The Icon Hotel is in great shape and even coming from a mans point of view somewhat beautiful. Probably one of the best hotel's I've stayed in, in a long time. Great service, great accommodations. The only draw back I found was parking. I've learned that overnight parking in downtown houston is outragous. However I was not pleased with the charge of $30 to park. I took the risk with a rental car and did street parking and switched to a private lot in the am for $6.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear C B,

Thank you for choosing to cap off your week-long vacation with your wife by staying with the Hotel ICON family. Our team appreciates your feedback and loves to hear that we made your stay memorable. We'll be waiting for you when your travels bring you back through Houston.
Washington DC
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Hotel Icon is a well-designed hotel built in a former and historic bank building. The entry and lobby bar look both swanky and comfortable, and the bar cocktails are creative and well-made. My tenth floor room was spacious with large windows, a large desk and king size bed. The bathroom was equally large, with both soaking tub and shower. I appreciated some of the small details, like the reading lights on either side of the bed, free newspapers in the lobby, and ample towels in the bathroom. Only two small detractors to the room - the wifi signal was very weak, and the bathroom fixtures were a little worn. Otherwise the room was comfortable and well designed.

The hotel does offer a free shuttle to and from most downtown locations, which was very convenient since the property is on the edge of downtown and there isn't a ton to see or do in walking distance. The light rail runs right past the hotel, and while it's an easy connection on the rail to the museum district, the one rail line doesn't connect to much else.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear thinktankjp,

Thank you for your review of Hotel ICON. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit. We are actually the only downtown hotel located directly on the 7.5 mile Light Rail line. The line will take you through the Central Business District, Theatre and Museum District, Houston Zoo, Children's Museum, Houston's expansive Medical Center and all the way down to Reliant Stadium and Center for the Houston Texan games and annual Nutcracker Market. For the few blocks on either side of the rail line, our shuttle is always happy to provide service. See you next time!
Gilroy, California, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I picked this hotel because we were staying for 3 nights and I wanted something comfortable and good decor. Not just a basic room. We also had tickets to see Oprah at the hobby performance center so we needed something in that area. Upon check in everyone was really helpful and nice. I booked one night on my credit card points and then the other 2 nights cash. We get the keys and get up to our room and it was right next to the elevator. We walk in the room and all we can hear is the dinging of the elevator and people getting on and off. We went back down and requested another room. They said it was because we booked through points that we didn't get a very good room. We then requested an upgrade which they gave us for an extra $15 a night. The only reason I write this is because if you book there cheapest room this is what you will get.

The good things are the room decor is awesome and my mom and I loved the bathroom because it was big with counter space for all of our makeup and curling irons. The bed was really comfortable and clean rooms. The other great thing is they offer a free shuttle to take you around downtown area. It will pick you up and take you anywhere you want to go. The breakfast buffet was really good. The location is one block from metrorail. Overall really nice property in good location. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Rita, Erica, Maktar and Al are just a few of the reasons I feel the Icon is the best. It is a beautiful hotel with all the luxeries and more that is expected of a high end hotel but the outstanding customer service and the individual attention is what keeps me coming back. Everyone makes you feel like a VIP. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Momarabie,

Thank you for taking time to mention a few of Hotel ICON's outstanding team members! They had huge smiles on their faces when they saw your comments and praise. They love being recognized for going above and beyond our guests' expectations. We look forward to your next visit.