Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection
  • Room Service
US$273
US$222
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$247
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$294
The Houstonian(Houston)
US$467
US$451
1,276 results
All reviewsbank buildingdowntown houstonvault doorjetted tubfront deskbeautiful hotelrain showerlarge showerthe penthousebars and restaurantsmetro raillight railroom servicecorner roommarriott propertyvalet parkingthe theater district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Icon for a friends wedding and it was a wonderful experience. The room was spacious enough for me and two other people. My favorite feature was the bathroom with the tub and big walk in shower. All the little details like the bull horn hooks in the bathroom were interesting and unique features. I didn't find the noise level a problem but I also didn't stay near the elevators. You do have to use your room key to get on the elevators, I guess for added security. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately I didn't get to take advantage of all the restaurants and cafés within walking distance of the hotel, there is plenty of dining options in that area. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Try to get an even numbered room, those seemed to have the better views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I appreciate your comments and a good tip on the even number rooms. The Even number rooms face the South and towards the Large City Buildings. The Odd Number rooms face the North and views of the University of Houston Downtown and other Northern Views. If you like to watch traffic, don’t miss where all the freeways come together!!!! There are a couple lower numbered rooms on each floor and they face East with beautiful views of the historic courthouse and Minute Maid Park.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Well done re-do of a classic, Houston downtown bank building into a hotel Very conveniently located in the middle of downtown Houston, friendly staff and attractive decor. Now, the rub. We were in Houston for a wedding (family) and stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Room was nice as well as the bathroom. Nice Kuerig coffee machine well stocked with coffee and tea (4 total). Left a note on the coffee machine asking for 4 French Roast. Got back after a day out and NO coffee at all. Checked the bathroom and NO bathmat. Talked to the desk on our way out, and when we got back all OK. Days 2 & 3- no extra roll of toilet paper left when room cleaned- just what was there beside the toilet. The Kickers? Found out when we checked out that my brother-in-law and wife (who only stayed at the hotel one night) received free complimentary drink coupons when they checked in. Us?- Nada. Coup de Gras? Valet Parking, and I am still incensed about this. We were charged $29/night (PLUS all applicable taxes) for valet parking. After making the reservations on line I noticed the rate that popped up. Called the hotel and was told that if we were staying at the hotel the rate was $12/night (acceptable). When we drove up, the sign at Valet Parking indicated that "Visitors" of the hotel would pay $12. The second day, after checking on line and seeing that the $29 rate applied, I asked about this at the desk. I was told that she knew the sign was confusing, she was sorry I was told it was $12, but she would give me a coupon for a $5 discount on a drink, which BTW was twice the $5 coupon. Upon checkout I again questioned the $29 rate after being asked was everything OK, and the desk person merely shrugged his shoulders and asked would I like to leave the almost $700 on my credit card. Will I return? Not likely, and it's sad that a simple $17/day credit would have made this review very different.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leonard C
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I did check the signage in the parking garage and it did clearly state the cost of parking. I do hope that we get a chance to have you back as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I rented two suites for the brides maids and bride for my daughters wedding. I ended up switching to a suite and a double room because the suite was very small and disappointing. I wish I had gone over and checked put the rooms before I booked. I would not recommend this hotel unless you just want a regular room

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. We recently received a comment that the rooms are way too large. We do have a variety of rooms like many hotels and I am happy that you found a room that you were more comfortable in. We do offer several options of room types and sizes and you are always welcome to stop by and check the rooms out before making your reservation.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Icon with a group working the FreePress Summer Fest event this past weekend my overall impression was it's a lovely hotel. We had a great time with the bartender in the evenings, the full breakfast with made-to-order omelettes and waffles was a fabulous way to start the day (we didn't get to eat again most days until after 4), and the shower water pressure was amazing! My room was neat and tidy each night when we returned, but I only got bottled water the first night at is sure would have been great to have it waiting in the room when I returned as it was really hot the entire weekend - however not only did the bartender sent 2 bottles to my room the front desk also provided me with 2 bottles when requested.

The best experience happened after I got home. I realized I left 5 dresses in the closet and was heart broke as 2 were brand new and only wore once. After getting a voice mail at housekeeping I called back and asked to speak to the GM. Steve provided me his personal cell phone and said he would call back in 14 minutes. He returned my call within 7 and had my dress along with some sandals I'd forgotten as well. Totally Amazing! He is sending them to me overnight and I will have them in time for my trip to California this weekend.

I'm taking my husband to Houston for pleasure soon and we will definitely stay at the Hotel Icon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Wendy, It was great to speak with you and I am hppy that everything worked out so well. I hope to see you back soon as a guest. And this time I will help you pack before you go!!!! LOL.

Thank you so much for the kind comments and we look forward to your future stay!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing! $300 for a gorgeous room, jacuzzi tub, dozen roses, chocolate dipped strawberries and breakfast in bed! Every attention to detail you can imagine. The beds are super comfortable in the large beautifully decorated rooms. Even the elevators smell amazing! And the bar/bartenders make the best drinks I've had in a long time. They are located in downtown Houston in the middle of bars and restaurants ... You don't even need a car. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_ICON_GM, General Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Thank you for your review. We are very proud of Hotel ICON and it makes us happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. Tell a Friend!