“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #34 of 504 Hotels in Houston
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had business in Houston and decided to stay at the Westin Downtown as opposed to out by the Galleria where I usually stay. This hotel was much better than I expected. I have stayed at the Westin Galleria and the Westin Oaks Galleria and I expected the downtown hotel to be similar. I was better appointed then the others, closer in style and feel to the St. Regis Houston, which is where I usually stay. I found the staff very friendly and had really a perfect stay. I had dinner in the bar the first night and the food was better than expected. The rooms were very clean. Valet was prompt. It is clear that this hotel is well managed. I am returning to the Houston area again in two weeks and already booked the return. I would definitely recommend it if your travels put you in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Martin B.:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback and I have already shared with our team! We look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks! Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you need anything prior to your arrival.

Chris Ziadie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beautiful building. Sleek and modern. Room was very nice and clean. The staff so polite. Our pets were given dog beds, food and water bowls to use and given new toys to keep. Service was exceptional!! I was so impressed with everything. No pool unfortunately.

Room Tip: Reserve in advance
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rose V
Dear Rose V.;

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! I have passed your review on to our staff and I will make sure to personally thank the team! We hope that you and your puppy's next visits to Houston bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown! Please feel free to reach out to me if I may assist you further!

washington, dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed a week at this hotel for business and was very (pleasantly) surprised by the caliber of service and accommodations. Nice, large sized rooms, very clean in all areas, free bottle of water in the room and the room service was good at well. And the staff was excellent and went out of their way to be helpful, overall a great experience. The only "cons" so to speak are the charge for wireless in the room (not a deal breaker) and the location - downtown is just dead after about 5pm and there isn't much around. But still a great hotel that I would definitely stay at again.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was very spacious and quiet as well!
1 Thank vagnier
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Vagnier:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback! We hope that your next visits to Houston bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown! Please let me know if I may assist you further!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were impressed by this recently updated Starwood property. The staff and accommodations exceeded our expectations. The hotel was extremely quiet and the a basic room with "heavenly" double beds did not disappoint. Each room has complimentary Starbucks coffee and a refrigerator. Our bathroom had a standard bath tub and complimentary hair dryer. You are in walking distance of Minute Maid Ball Park and a great Starbucks. The lobby bar is a perfect meeting place for a pre dinner cocktail. There is also a five star steakhouse next door. Kudos to the staff who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors were extremely quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Wendydomin:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback and will share with the staff! We hope that your next visits to Houston bring you to The Westin Houston Downtown!

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Westin is a lovely boutique hotel next to the ballpark in downtown Houston. The rooms are nicely furnished and very modern looking. The beds and linens are comfortable and fresh. There are refrigerators in the rooms but no microwaves and no guest laundry facilities. Housekeeping was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle for the downtown area. The food at the restaurant was better than most hotel venues and moderately priced. This hotel does not have any outside common space or free wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby. The area around the hotel is a bit seedy with some panhandling going on. If you are going to a ballgame or in Houston for business, it is the perfect location.

Dear Cltutell:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! I will be sure to pass your review on to our staff! We hope that your next visits to Houston bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown!

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Excellent staff, excellent food, exquisite interior design. If you are staying in Houston, you would be wise to stay at the Westin Downtown. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful, the chef's are fantastic, and you are within walking distance of a Starbucks, Deutsch Bank and Chase Bank.

Because of this hotel, my unexpected 3 day delay on my way to the east coast was easy, worry free and comfortable. I will be staying here again the next time I visit Houston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Austen A:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback and will share with the team! We hope that your next travels to Houston bring you to The Westin Houston Downtown!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was gorgeous!! My room was one of the largest I ever had beyond being a suite and II loved the ceiling fan - it was the perfect touch! It was nice being able to see Astros stadium from my window as well, what a perfect touch of scenery! Although I didnt order breakfast, their menu was incredible and had so many healthy options. I will stay here again if I am ever back for business!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Travelife22:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback and will share with the team. We hope that your next business trips bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown!