“Excellent location for your business conference”

The Westin Houston Downtown
Ranked #37 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Sugar Land, Texas
“Excellent location for your business conference”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My company recently held a three-week business workshop at The Westin Houston Downtown, which I was a full-time participant. I was very impressed with The Westin. It has a beautiful lobby/lounge area appointed with stylish décor. Every square inch of the place is spotless. The highlight is the staff, who were there to graciously take care of our needs the entire time. The restaurant kept everyone well fed, and they bent over backwards to accommodate my vegetarian restrictions. Being a local, I didn't have a room there, but my colleagues who did said the rooms were very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Ron2062:

I was thrilled to read your review regarding your conference here at The Westin Houston Downtown. I truly value your feedback and will definitely share with our team. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Chris Ziadie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this Westin after a cruise and to see a Houston Astros game. The hotel is quiet and the room was very comfortable in that nice Westin-y way. Directions on the hotel's website were different from Google maps but they got us there with no issues. The staff was above and beyond helpful and efficient. The young man that helped with our bags was cheerful. The valet was quick and careful. The check in desk was amazing and even came and got us when our room was ready a bit early. The staff at the bar was great and so was the pizza! Breakfast buffet was so-so, but not really a complaint.
Be sure to completely shut your door when leaving. We must not have and when we returned it wasn't latched and we could just push open the door.
Don't be a cheapskate and enjoy a stay at the Westin Downtown Houston!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill G
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Jill G:

Thank you so much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass along my thanks to the staff! I would like to discuss the breakfast buffet with you, so when you are free, do you mind reaching out to me? We hope that your next visits to Houston bring you back to The Westin Houston Downtown!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here a few times for business and plan to go back in the near future. Perfect location right next to the ball park if you want to catch a few games. Rooms are large and clean.
The only reason i'm rethinking about staying somewhere else over the next month is that i was disappointed to find out that the only TV that will be showing the world cup games is the small one in the bar, that's if you show up early and no one is watching Hockey or Basketball. Even though most of the games are going to be midday, there is also going to be several games at 5pm and 8pm that would've been nice to watch on a big screen. Although Sofia, Luis, and Stephanie's service at the bar have been nothing but impeccable i think a bigger screen or projector could make the experience even better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear YounJ:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown. We truly appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the World Cup games. We actually set up a room in the hotel for viewing the World Cup so we do not inconvenience anyone else. I will also pass my thanks on to our staff members you mention. Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you require additional assistance!

Houston
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The peeps are great!!!!& Service is Awsome !!! They always know how to make you feel right at home. Friendly & nice are understatements!
Always love coming here. XOxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Runt21:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown and your comments regarding the bar staff! I will pass this message on to them personally and will include my thanks. Should you travel to Houston again, we hope that The Westin Houston Downtown is your hotel of choice!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We missed our connecting flight due to bad weather. When we finally arrived at the hotel we were very tired and hungry! Upon check in the person at the front desk was Rudy R. He made sure to order us room service and help arrange our travel needs!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Jason H.:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We really appreciate your feedback. I will share this with Rudy. He is a great employee and a true asset!

Should you need any further assistance, please feel free tor each out to me personally!

Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for a work trip for a couple of nights. I was sick and miserable when I showed up, they offered to help with seeing a doctor if needed, and they were quick to put me in a room (upgrade maybe?) and room service was delicious and fast. My only complaints are that my room key deactivated at some point, which was odd, it seemed to happen to everyone in the hotel, and there was a random fire alarm. The room was huge and clean and the WiFi worked. The Westin management is relatively new, so they may be working out kinks, but I liked it so much that I'm staying there again on business.

Room Tip: Anything that ends in a 18 is a good room. and HUGE. But I can't really imagine a bad room her...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel G, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Wahhhnderlust:

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We truly appreciate your feedback. I am also pleased to hear that we offered medical services to you while you were ill. We hope you feel better! I have advised our Director of Engineering regarding your key issues, which we will address. Please let us know if we may assist you further!

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for a 4 day weekend with the family for a visit to relatives. Took great advantage that the hotel is directly across the street from the Minute Maid Ballpark for the Houston Astros. Caught a game on a Saturday, could not have been a better time with the convenience of the hotel. The Westin was great, stayed in a Parlor Suite, with separate bedroom and very comfortable pullout for the kids. The hotel was immaculate. When we arrived, we were greated with our SPG gift of 250 extra star points, and the kids were each given a toy they could select out of a little red wagon, it was such a nice touch! My daughter's toy broke the second day, and when the front desk found out they told her to pick out another toy. Made her day, and ours. Real attention to service. The restaurant has great food, and the lobby lounge was very impressive, with good cocktails. Another great touch was that they had a complimentary shuttle van that would take you anywhere, and pick you up for free. We took great advantage of this going out to dinner, never needed to drive! The staff never seemed to expect tips, whenever I gave them something like the valet, or the bellhop, the genuinely seemed surprised and appreciative. We really had a great time in Houston at this hotel. I will definitely stay here again, and the management should be commended for fostering such a customer service oriented environment. Great job!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the ballpark, so you can see the fireworks after a game.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Fool for the Beach:

Thank you so much for your review of The Westin Houston Downtown! We really appreciate your outstanding review. I will be sure to share this with our team! We hope that your next visits to Houston bring you to The Westin Houston Downtown! Please let me know if I may assist you further!