“Reservation cancelled w/o notice”
Review of 8080 Main

8080 Main
Ranked #290 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Round Rock, Texas
“Reservation cancelled w/o notice”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

In my years of traveling, I've never had an issue being "bumped" until this week. I had a last minute early morning meeting come up in Houston (I live several hours away), so I made a last minute reservation through the IHG website, drove 3.5 hours to this property, only to find out they cancelled my reservation, and had no rooms available. I had an outdated credit card on file, so they cancelled it, without even trying to call or notify me. Apparently it was a very busy night in Houston b/c there were no rooms there, at any other Houston area IHG property, or at any other major hotel brand. The desk clerk seemed more angry at me than I was at her, how dare I get a new credit card? (Thanks for that one Target). Neither the desk clerk or the IHG customer service staff was able to find me a room at any of their properties, so I was on my own to search the city of Houston for a hotel / motel. I've been a loyal IHG club member for years, staying dozens of nights per year, and they left me out to dry (although it was actually pouring out) with nowhere to stay. I guess it's time to abandon the IHG club and go Marriott or Hilton once I use up my remaining points.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMMedicalCenter, General Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear mhtreanor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and you chose us to host your stay. We take our reviews seriously. We use reviews, such as yours, to target areas of concern. I apologize for the difficulties you faced. As a busy hotel, verifying that reservations are guaranteed is a priority. I will make sure and retrain our agents on the proper procedures for these type of situations.

Once again, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Donald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2014

In Houston on business but flight cancelled home due to snow and ice. Hotel was accommodated me for an extended stay, did not have to change rooms, and charged me the lesser rate booked months before.

Breakfast is free; offering something for everyone in a fast-food type menu; shuttle service provided transportation to and from Baylor College of Medicine; and hotel contracted for return trip to airport.

Decor somewhat dated but room and bath were clean and odorless.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank QueenBee0301
GMMedicalCenter, General Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear QueenBee0301,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and you chose us to host your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is always great to know when one is appreciated. We take all reviews seriously. We use reviews, such as yours, to target areas of opportunity.

Once again, thank you for reviewing our hotel. We hope you will give us the honor of hosting your next stay in Houston.

Jasper, Texas, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Since so many people who stay at this hotel are in Houston for medical reasons, it is so important for them to be warmly welcomed and for their stay to be as pleasant as possible. That is where the wonderful staff at this hotel come into play. Debbie, Gerry, Nicole, Raven and Andy at the front desk do a wonderful job in an efficient manner. All problems are handled immediately. Jessica and Ron, the shuttle drivers are humorous and helpful always. Francy the breakfast buffet hostess is so friendly and always does her best to help everyone have a great experience. Donnie, the GM and Erica in Sales are serious about the quality of this hotel. Erika, head of Housekeeping, oversees a staff committed to providing clean and hospitable rooms with amenities from Bath and Body to soothe away cares and anxiety. Just a great place to stay.

1 Thank Nancy T
GMMedicalCenter, General Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Nancy,

Thank you for reviewing us. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure that all the staff will see this review. This will help to encourage and inspire the staff.

Once again, thank you for reviewing our hotel. We look forward to the honor of hosting your future stays.

Homosassa Springs, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was greeted with very friendly smiles from Nicole and Gerry upon check in. I was checked in quickly and had a nice room. Bed was very comfortable. Nicole and Gerry helped me when I got a blister and needed band aids as well as getting a car to take me to the airport. This was a business trip and it is likely I will be back in the area. I will definitely book with them again and the same for my employees.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMMedicalCenter, General Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Maggie T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your review with Nicole and Gerry. They are both very happy to get this recognition and be informed they are doing good. We use reviews, such as yours, to help inspire staff.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and review. We look forward to hosting your future stays.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My daughter was in the hospital for a week. The hotel offers a lower rate for those with hospital stays. In addition they have a wonderful shuttle service on the hour for drop offs at local hospitals. Despite the fact that we were staying for the most part in the hospital and one of us stayed overnight with my daughter, the housekeeping staff found no time to clean our room or change sheets and towels and make the bed. For the tired with medical needs for family members this is unacceptable and it adds additional stress when you have to call for towels and requests for the room to be cleaned are ignored by front desk staff as well as the cleaning staff. I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room beds are comfortable and would be nice if the front desk responded to requests for cleaning and...
Dear jklaw,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your praises regarding the shuttle service. However, I do want to apologize for your bad experience with our housekeeping service and guest service agents. I will personally follow up with our housekeeping department and guest service department to address this issue. We take all reviews seriously. We use reviews, such as yours, to target areas of concern.

Once again, thank you for reviewing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. I hope you will honor us by giving us another try and let us give you give you a true SMART stay.

Donald Santee
Mcallen, Tx
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I can't say enough positive or give enough praise to the staff of this hotel. From the front desk staff, Debbie, Gerry, Andy, and Nicole to the kitchen staff of Francy and Amanda, the housekeepers on our floor, Alba and Lorena, and our kind shuttle drivers Jessica and Ronnie - thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You made our medical stay bearable. Each of you were compassionate, caring, and professional. Our room was always spotless, our breakfast delicious, our accommodations perfect, and our shuttle rides were safe and timely. I hope when we need to return to MD Anderson again we can count on staying with you! If I forgot anyone in particular, I apologize because everyone involved deserves big kudos. You've made your supervisors and owners proud!

Dear Brenda S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and you chose us to host your stay. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. I hope that next time we see you it will be with good news and no more medical treatment or visits. That it will be to visit our great city! I will personally let everybody know of this review. We use reviews, such as yours, to inspire the staff.

Once again, thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope to have the honor of hosting your next stay.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times because of its proximity to the hospital area. This time our stay was expected to be overnight but due to further medical tests, we stayed a total of four nights, five days. The staff is always courteous and I like that they greet everyone entering the lobby or walking down the hall with a smile. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GMMedicalCenter, Manager at 8080 Main, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Lenny N,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and you chose us to host your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to create a wonderful stay every time and we hope that our efforts bring you back when you are visiting our area. We use reviews, such as yours, to inspire the staff.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will continue to give us the honor of hosting your stay.

Assistant General Manager