“Houston Trip.”

Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row
Ranked #113 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say me and my wife are always happy to stay in this hotel because it is always clean, the bed is comfortable and most importantly the staffs especially Charles and Justin are great people. We travel from Austin to Houston for pleasure and business reasons and your hotel is always the best. No matter how late we come after a long drive and going out for pleasure, Charles is always smiling, friendly and we appreciate the late check-out. Justin as well is a good communicator who is friendly and makes us feel at home. We are impressed at the other staffs as well but Justin and Charles are the ones we see regularly because we come to Houston for the weekend. Please let them know we value them and pass on this compliment to them. They are great assets to Marriot.

Jacqueline & Richard

Room Tip: All the rooms we have slept in have been very comfy with no complaint. We go for the higher floors f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I literally live in hotels 4-5 days a week and this is my first reviewing a hotel. In consideration of other important factors that makes stay in a hotel accommodating, I just want to take my hats off to the gentleman at the front desk agent, Montrell M. He went out of his way to make me and my family feel at home. Exceptional reception and speedy response to any query with courtesy and respect. Most front desk agents do NOT understand that they are the key to heart of a customer but Montrell M does. As a result we extended our stay and i recommend this clean neat environment to anyone travelling to the houston area.

Richmond A.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richmond A
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Id like to start off by stating that the appearance of the hotel is terrific. Very clean and professional, most of the staff always seemed cheerful and helpful. For example we needed an extra pillow for my bad back and when I called the desk the young lady who answered was very cheerful and basically ran me up the pillow with in a matter of minutes. Breakfast was amazing!! so was the evening reception.. my only issue I had was with one of the employees at the registration counter. It seemed every time I passed the counter to leave she was screaming foul language at someone on her phone. Now I understand people get upset but the way her and the gentleman on the phone were conversing it was very unprofessional. After hearing it multiple times during my stay I finally asked her if she felt like it was appropriate for her to be speaking like that with guests in the lobby. She grabbed her phone told the person she talking to hold on and walked away from me. VERY RUDE!!! I have stayed at many hotels in my time and I have never had to listen to such indecency and been treated with such disrespect. I honestly don't understand how she can treat guests this way and continue to be employed. Furthermore later that evening as I was headed out I stopped at the counter and nearly waited for 20 minutes with no one ever attending to me. I walked outside and there she was yelling on her phone again by the front door with food bag in hand. When I approached her asking if there was a manager on duty she rolled her eyes at me and said no then turned and continued yelling at the person on her phone. I'm sorry to say but after this I wont be returning to this establishment as long as they allow employees to treat their guests like this. Again besides the issues I had with this young lady, the hotels standards surpassed my expectations. Also I would like to add that the rest of the staff was exceptionally wonderful and that the other registration clerks were a delight and very helpful. I just wish the one young (cheerful) girl who originally helped me would have been the only person I had to deal with, would have made my stay a lot happier and would have earned this review a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davidsbrown72
Juli A, Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay the Marriott Residence Inn Houston I-10 West as well as sharing your comments with regards to the front desk agents you encountered on your recent stay. You are a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that I take your comments regarding the front desk staff very seriously, and know that proper disciplinary action will be taken in this matter. It is our goal to make sure each guest is treated with the best customer service experience during their stays. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband, kids & I stayed here on a quick business trip. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Beds were comfortable. Quiet hotel. A few times I heard the person in the room above us. I enjoyed this hotel very much and would stay again. I did not interact with the staff so I can't say if they are friendly or not :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm a big fan of Residence Inns (Marriott) and this little hotel did not let me down. Big clean rooms with kitchenette; if you want to stay in. Limited breakfast fare but more than enough for British palettes and as much as you can eat. If you want to get anywhere in Houston you have to drive, but excellent selection of eating places within ten minutes down the Katy Freeway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The one bedroom king suite was not quite as pictured since the sofa was a loveseat rather than sectional. No luggage rack or place for a chair in the bedroom and no privacy access to bath for anyone staying on the sofa bed. Usually traveling alone or as a couple we opt for the studio and even with a 3rd family member on this trip it may have been more open and comfortable. Other than the very small square footage at this location you do get all the bells and whistles we love about Residence Inn including hot breakfast and kudos to Juli in management who was quick to respond to our concerns.

Room Tip: Opt for a studio over 1 bedroom to give illusion of more space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

First let me say that the rooms and the Hotel was a good place to stay. Comfortable beds, and easy to get in and out of West Houston.

But, I was taken aback by the policies of the front desk the night I was checking in. I travel quite a bit, and know the routine for checking in to most large / recognized chain of hotels. So this property has me concerned, which I will not recommend this location to my peers or my team (or you), unless this policy has been corrected... but I am not going to take my chances

Background: I reserved a room at this location, trying to find new place to stay in West Houston since I will be visiting many clients in the area for the months ahead. I arrived around 10pm to check in for my stay, and while checking in, I provided my Credit Card and displayed my Drivers License as per the norm. What threw me for a loop was that the receptionist asked me to hand over my drivers license to her, thinking she wanted to verify if it was a real ID card. But then she proceeded to take my Credit Card, and my Drivers License to the back office, without advising me, and then I heard her attempt to run a photocopying machine. I called out and asked her to return my ID and my CC... See, if you have my CC, and My ID, and you copy the back of our Credit Cards, that is a huge breach of my information.

I asked why did she need to photocopy my CC, she gave no explanation, but she did say the copying of my ID card is for emergencies just in case police or fire need it... she even referred me to call corporate to validate the practice... well, first time in my years of travel that a hotel copied my id card, let me stress... first time ever...

Just saying I am now going to be monitoring my credit card. Sorry for the bad review, but I wanted to warn the others just in case this may happen to them.

I agree with most of the positive reviews of the property, clean & comfortable rooms, good location and such... but my confidence and trust has been violated by the actions of the front desk in collecting and preserving your information for potential fraud.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GB_InTexas
Juli A, Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Park Row, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay the Marriott Residence Inn Houston I-10 West as well as sharing your concerns regarding the front desk staff. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that I take your concerns very seriously. The issue regarding the breach of personal information has already been discussed with each front desk associate, as well as the proper disciplinary action has been taken. It is our goal to make each guest feel safe and secure while they are traveling, as we are truly “Home away from Home.” We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.