“In Houston for three days and ate here twice”

Saltgrass Steakhouse
Ranked #424 of 8,243 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana
“In Houston for three days and ate here twice”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The shrimp with the cream cheese wrapped in bacon and sauce was just amazing and I ordered it both times I visited the restaurant. I enjoyed my meal and had more than enough to eat. The staff was extremely attentive and if I get to Houston again, I will be sure to stop and eat at Saltgrass.

• Visited February 2014

Everywhere USA
“Best steaks ever!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were on our way to the airport, and with a group of friends, so looking for great service & excellent food and we got both! These guys were awesome!

Visited February 2014
“Great food!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

When you go in ask for Q to be your waiter he was wonderful and his recommendations were spot on. The one thing that was bad was my drink, I don't remember the name but it was a martini with a sugar rim, st. Germaine, vodka and I think cranberry but it just tasted like a watered down raspberry lemonade. The bread they bring out is very fresh and served with a sweet butter. We tried the crab cakes as an appetizer and they were delicious, full of actual crab and very little filler and then more crab meat topped all over it with a lemon butter sauce. Next was the steak soup which was very tasty and my daughter had the salad which had bacon and eggs and cheese and croutons very large salad. We both got the same entree which was the gulf coast steak and shrimp. I have never had stuffed shrimp with cream cheese wrapped in bacon in a BBQ sauce it's sounds weird but it was the best. The steak was cooked perfectly a nice cut of meat and the rice with cilantro was good as well. A good solid steakhouse. Too bad there is not one near our state.

• Visited February 2014
“Texas Charm”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Had a good time w/ the ppl here. They enjoyed our New York accents & we enjoyed their southern Charm. We all had steaks & fries. Mine was cooked the way I like (medium). No steak sauce needed let's me know the steak was flavorful.

Wichita, Kansas
“Always great food!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a favorite every time we travel to Houston. The steaks and seafood are always good, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the service is excellent. The portions are large enough for two (unless you have a Texas sized appetite!) and are reasonably priced. Our group of four adults had 2 appetizers, 4 salads, 4 entrees with sides, and 2 drinks for just over $25 per person. And we had plenty left over! You can't beat that!

Visited January 2014