“Our Favorite Vegetarian Indian Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sagar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #4,046 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I am a regular here and even convinced them to sell me one of their cool black t-shirts! The food here is delicious and quite different from other Indian restaurants because it spans several different styles and regions, including Gujarati, Punjabi, Mumbai street food, and even Indo-Chinese. The prices are very low and the food is delicious. My favorite dish is the Samosa Chaat.

2  Thank Alan B
There are newer reviews for Sagar Indian Cuisine

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Sagar Indian Cuisine just opened in June, but it took me until August to find it! For me, that is a regrettable lots of nearly two months without savoring some of the best Indian vegan this side of Mumbai. A very quiet, unpretentious place, where one orders from the counter and is handed the ubiquitous number, folks from the subcontinent are the main clientele.

Nonetheless, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed visiting with Ray, the counterman. He was great in guiding me to excellent offerings. I had two of my favorites, though, dal makhani , (black lentil soup, basically, with terrific spice), and baingan bharta, a spicy eggplant dish. Between the two, an order of nan (unleavened bread) and a bottle of water, I escaped for under $15.

Sagar serves four types of cuisines -- Indo-Chinese, North Indian, South Indian and Mumbai street food. I will for sure return to work my way through the delicious menu.

Sorry, no alcohol served. I would have enjoyed a beer, actually. But one can get beer anywhere! Can’t get vegan of this quality on every street corner.

3  Thank Travelinpalladin