“Exceptional Customer Service”

Ranked #10 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Houston, United States
“Exceptional Customer Service”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have spent 35 nights at this hotel in the last 10 weeks or so, commuting to my new job in Houston. I can honestly say that this is probably the best hotel experience I have had in a very, very long time, and it starts right at the reception. The front desk crew is second to none: very friendly but professional, they know how to make a guest feel at ease, always asking if they can help. Angel, Scott, Chelsey and the other young ladies know their jobs.

This hotel is about a year old, so rooms are still very new and fresh. Contrary to what I have read here, I never had an issue with the sound from the nearby highway – and I have been in quite a number of those freeway-facing rooms. All had walk-in showers (which is fine with me), a mini-fridge and a microwave oven. This last week they traded the usual mini-coffee pots for Keurigs (for those who care). Other than that, very well appointed, with comfortable bedding, large flat-screen Samsung TVs and free internet access, these rooms are close to perfect. The only issue I have had was with the AC – sometimes a little weak, especially in the August or September heat. But a call to the desk always took care of the problem.

Hotel food is usually nothing to write about. Been there, done that. However, this hotel’s menu is quite varied, reasonably priced, and I was surprised by how good some of their specialties are: the beef short-rib and the black and blue steak wrap are my favorites. Fresh, never frozen. The shrimp cocktail, very unusual, is good too. There have been a few hiccups here and there – bound to happen over that long a time span – but it was always remedied. Being on the road for so long, you always end up at the bar for a drink or two. Or more. Daleela and Lili are very pleasant, always have a smile and a kind word, and they do know how to pour a stiff drink!

Now that we are full-time Houston residents, we will no longer stay at this hotel. But we will definitely come by and sit by the bar from time to time. And we highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a well-priced, very comfortable and friendly place away from home. They just do it right!

3 Thank Olivier K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Argyle, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I love staying at this property because of the friendliness of the staff and the unparalleled effort they make to meet my needs as a traveler. Angel, Scott and all of the staff I interact with are so nice that I can say without reservation; I have not had a bad experience ever, in fact just the opposite, my experience is excellent EVERY time. The staff makes it seem more like a "home away from home" than just a hotel. The rooms, restaurant and business amenities exceed expectations every stay. This is a must stay place, Hilton at its best!

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room yet.
MARIETTA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel looks as beautiful as the pictures present. The staff was very courteous and pleasant. I was not pleased with the housekeeping because my room was not cleaned to my satisfaction everyday. I also question the security of the hotel in that the back door stayed unlocked past the time that it is supposed to be locked. Lastly, the fitness center was nice but on one morning the water cooler was empty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Yvonne H
Webster, NY, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a home away from home. The staff is very accommodating. No need goes unmet. The breakfast is free made to order. The staff and the restaurant greets you by name after meeting you once. You never walk by a staff member without them greeting you and asking if you need anything. My stays at this hotel has made me stay at other Hilton hotels in other locations. The in house bar and restaurant is great to come back to after a long day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Angela W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was checked in by a young man named Byron. He gave his word to my entire family that he would tend to our every need. Not only did he keep his word, but he went even further to make sure we are happy. I called down at 3 inthe morning asking for pain meds and not only did he quickly bring them up he also provided ice cold water. I thought the commercials were staged until I met this gentleman.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank brandjeff
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We checked in and Megan at the front desk provide excellent service from start to finish
We stayed here in between flights and the stay was great. The employees at the front desk were very friendly and willing to accommodate us as we arrived early. The rooms were very clean and well kept as was the hotel in general. Great channel selection on TV and the shuttle to and from the airport was prompt

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I just wanted to quickly write about the amazing service we received from the front staff, Thank you Angel, Scott, and Chesel. Between the service, breakfast and amazing rooms we will always make this our hotel while visiting Houston. Great Hotel and even better staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple