“Excellent Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza
Ranked #15 of 518 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We were in town for a memorial service for one of our family members who passed away. This hotel was very helpful in all ways. The service was excellent. We were able to come and relax in the bar area after the service the staff made us feel like kings and queens we will stay at this site in the coming year when we return to Houston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Yesenia Castillo & her staff out did themselves. They took very good care of me and my family from out of town. It was mention that the hotel was one of the nicest Hilton hotels they had seen in a very long time. Although I was there for the Memorial service of my father the entire staff was welcoming,warm and very sensitive to my needs during this time. I had quite a few people to return to the hotel with me once the service was over and they were so very pleased at how the staff was taking very special care of me and my family members. The young man at the front desk on Saturday night was the greatest ever. He made sure we had a very pleasant time visiting with family. The staff all of them made me fill like I was among family. I love the Hilton Garden Inn NW on HWY 290 and will be back for many more stays and events as well my family will also.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank azeleal2013
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was unhappy with the exorbitant rates that the hotel charged when I could find equal quality nearby. I was lead to believe that my rate was high due to high demand and conferences in Houston. I asked for an extension to my stay and I was lead to believe that the rate would revert back to standard. It did not and I was charged $279 for each night I stayed!

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks on business. Amazing customer service. Special Kudos to the bartender, Daleela. The breakfast is great. Cookies and pastries available whenever you want. Bloody Marys are to die for ! I just want to say over all a great experience !

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was provided the handicap room apparently because the other rooms were booked. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was also very helpful and there breakfast service/buffet was excellent. I had waffles and veggie omelette

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed in five hotels in my January, 2014 trip to the deep south, and this Hilton impressed me the most of the lot. I'd like to find something at least a little bit negative to say about it, if only to distinguish my review from the many I see online that smell counterfeit.

Well, I can't. I'm sorry! I could observe that public transit access here is poor, but Houston is not a transit city; transit access all over the city is poor. The hotel is close to the freeway; that seems to be what matters in Houston, for better or worse.

On to the many positives:

(*) The evening staffer who checked me in bent over backward to be hospitable. I requested a quiet room; he put me in one at the very end of the hall, away from anything that might make noise. (Which also means that I can't judge the hotel's soundproofing; light sleepers should bear that in mind when considering this review.) I sheepishly confessed to having left a personal item at home; he unhesitatingly comped me a freebie from the hotel's desk supply.

(*) When I made a nervous remark about bed bugs, the staffer explained that this Hilton has installed bedding tailored to keep bed bugs at bay. My mattress was encased in a mattress encasement, and sat on a sturdy wood frame without box springs, thus eliminating a potential bed bug roost. The bed was very comfortable; anything I might have gained from box springs wasn't missed. Steps to fight bed bugs count as a major plus in this traveler's book.

(*) The room offered all the amenities to ease a traveler's life on the road: ironing board, iron, room safe. I think, but am not certain, that I also had a fridge and a microwave; this trip, I didn't use them.

(*) The buffet looked lavish, although I didn't have time to sample it. I also didn't test the wi-fi.

Houston didn't strike me as an expensive city. I might not want to shell out for a hotel of this caliber elsewhere, but certainly could here.

I have nothing negative to say. The above-mentioned staffer noted proudly that the Hilton Garden Inn is Trip Advisor's #1 choice in Houston. I found out why first hand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I only spent one night at this facility. I was forced to leave due to personal health issues. My stay was very pleasant, the room nice, clean and well appointed. The remote for the TV did not work well. I suspect new batteries are needed but could also be a simple replacement. I would recommend this location if you have business in the area. For my personal pocketbook, it is too pricey, but as this was a company trip, it was nice.