“Nice but...”

Ranked #11 of 507 Hotels in Houston
New York, NY
“Nice but...”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We choose this locale to be near a school but unfortunately the class was cancelled and it wasn't all that convenient to much else. The hotel was quite fine and the room itself was great. The front desk staff was wonderful, especially (I think his name was) Byron. Housekeeping did neglect to make our room one night. They have a great fire pit outside if the bar - which was great on the cool April evenings in Houston.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank zsa-zsa013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property based on the great reviews, but after the first day, I regretted not staying in Pearland. Upon checkin the system was down, so they couldn't take cash payment for the room, the
girl took my card and told me I'd be charged 15/day only for incidentals. I woke up the next day to a full blown unknown charge which
I didn't authorized nor did I agree the bank to hold. Immediately called the front desk and spoke to a girl who didn't have a clue, she talked in circles and when she could tell I was extremely angry,
she tried soothing me with a free meal, no thanks. After settling the financial issues they'd caused,
we returned to our room to see the
same dirty cups and plates on the
floor of the hall that were there the day we checked in, lazy on the part of housekeeping. Speaking of housekeeping, the girl who was our housekeeper was very rude, had a bad attitude and acted inconvenienced when I'd asked for fresh towels when we didn't want her to service the room. To add to this, we had the DND sign on the door this morning and at 9:44 am she knocked anyway asking when we were leaving. I've never been asked to leave before checkout not have I seen the DND not observed. The area is in the midst of construction and there's nothing in area to see or do, including restaurants. I'd steer clear of here and wouldn't advise it to anybody. I requested the GM to call me directly, do you think he did? This goes on the list of worst of the worst in Houston and I'll never return.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ladeep0110
Kevin V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication from our team members, and we will use the opportunity to retrain the staff accordingly. Please contact me directly at the hotel or send me your contact information to kevin.viteri@hilton.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and hope to get an opportunity to make things right for you.

At your service,

Kevin Viteri
Montgomery, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Liliana and Mariam are wonderful employees of this hotel.. They made me and my client feel right at home during our stay last week. These servers took care of every detail! Also the food is delicious! So much better than going out and finding the same old restaurants...I would also like to recognize Madelyn-my breakfast server who has provided with wonderful breakfast service at this property for at least the past couple of years. She takes care of me and my clients/employees as a professional should.

I also want to recognize Carolyn, Angel, and Scott at the Front Desk. They make me feel right at home! They go above and beyond their way to assist me in whatever needs I may have for me and my company.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Byron-Taylor-lilianna-Amanda-and Miriam always make my stay every bit of enjoyable the level of customer service that these individuals posses is always way better than what's expected and I'm happy that I will be returning for a third stay in July or August cause it's just that relaxing! If they would only get a airport shuttle.....that's my only complaint other than that this is one of the best hotels Houston has to offer!

• Stayed April 2014
Houston, TX
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 12 years anniversary here in Houston and decided to stay at this hotel, best choice ever. Carolyn, Richard, and Scott were awesome! They had the most pleasant and welcoming attitude you ever want to see. We have stayed at a lot of hotels all over and this by far has been the best. The staff is the best!!!!!!! The food and customer service exceeded my expectations. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know who will be traveling to Houston. You go Hilton Garden Inn NW America Plaza! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stayed April 2014
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel, although a bit difficult to access easily (mostly due to highway construction) was modern , clean and as pleasant as they come. Sure, they follow the Hilton Garden Inn formula, but it is a very good formula. Recommended for any stay on the north side of Houston (or to avoid the high prices at downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room on the side away from freeway traffic noise.