“1st Time Surprise, 2nd Time Amazed”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza
Ranked #12 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my second pleasurable experience at the "Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza" in a matter of three weeks.

The front desk staff is always happy and professional, even at 1:00 AM (when I checked in). They greeted me like they remembered me, maybe they did. At breakfast, Madelaine, Rocio and James were charming, timely and very knowledgeable of the menu. The evening staff, especially the bar, were served by Laliana (?). She was attentive and always smiling. Everyone on the facility seemed to love their job.

The gym area, elevators, dining area, front desk, public restrooms and computer work stations were immaculate 24 hrs a days. The towels, sheets, pillows were soft and maintained their snow white color. Housekeeping even left an extra bags of towels at my door, because I hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

One of the best features is the "Happy Hour" that offers free "finger" food and very quality drink specials. The dining area is open, yet the ambient noise does not drown out casual conversation. They will even change the T.V. stations if asked!!

Some helpful hints for first time travelers: book rooms far in advance; call for directions from Hobby or Intercontinental Airports; get down to breakfast early; ask for a fresh cookie at check-in and enjoy the amendities.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff and amenities at the Hilton Garden Inn were exceptional. While there was heavy construction in the area, the hotel provided detailed instructions on how to bypass any potential issues. The room was spacious, and clean. We certainly will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brigette B
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel would rank in the top 1% of all the hotels that I have stayed during the last 10 years. The front desk staff of Carolyn and Scott are excellent hosts. Hotel has excellent accommodations for the price charged.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our entire group was very well taken care of during our stay, staff was courteous and helpful, the complimentary breakfast was amazing!! Overall experience was "two thumbs up" we will definetly be using them again!!! Regardless of the highway construction!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We choose this locale to be near a school but unfortunately the class was cancelled and it wasn't all that convenient to much else. The hotel was quite fine and the room itself was great. The front desk staff was wonderful, especially (I think his name was) Byron. Housekeeping did neglect to make our room one night. They have a great fire pit outside if the bar - which was great on the cool April evenings in Houston.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank zsa-zsa013
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property based on the great reviews, but after the first day, I regretted not staying in Pearland. Upon checkin the system was down, so they couldn't take cash payment for the room, the
girl took my card and told me I'd be charged 15/day only for incidentals. I woke up the next day to a full blown unknown charge which
I didn't authorized nor did I agree the bank to hold. Immediately called the front desk and spoke to a girl who didn't have a clue, she talked in circles and when she could tell I was extremely angry,
she tried soothing me with a free meal, no thanks. After settling the financial issues they'd caused,
we returned to our room to see the
same dirty cups and plates on the
floor of the hall that were there the day we checked in, lazy on the part of housekeeping. Speaking of housekeeping, the girl who was our housekeeper was very rude, had a bad attitude and acted inconvenienced when I'd asked for fresh towels when we didn't want her to service the room. To add to this, we had the DND sign on the door this morning and at 9:44 am she knocked anyway asking when we were leaving. I've never been asked to leave before checkout not have I seen the DND not observed. The area is in the midst of construction and there's nothing in area to see or do, including restaurants. I'd steer clear of here and wouldn't advise it to anybody. I requested the GM to call me directly, do you think he did? This goes on the list of worst of the worst in Houston and I'll never return.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank ladeep0110
Kevin V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication from our team members, and we will use the opportunity to retrain the staff accordingly. Please contact me directly at the hotel or send me your contact information to kevin.viteri@hilton.com.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and hope to get an opportunity to make things right for you.

At your service,

Kevin Viteri

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Liliana and Mariam are wonderful employees of this hotel.. They made me and my client feel right at home during our stay last week. These servers took care of every detail! Also the food is delicious! So much better than going out and finding the same old restaurants...I would also like to recognize Madelyn-my breakfast server who has provided with wonderful breakfast service at this property for at least the past couple of years. She takes care of me and my clients/employees as a professional should.

I also want to recognize Carolyn, Angel, and Scott at the Front Desk. They make me feel right at home! They go above and beyond their way to assist me in whatever needs I may have for me and my company.