“Outstanding Individual”

Ranked #11 of 507 Hotels in Houston
Encinitas, California
“Outstanding Individual”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I would like to share that I am a Marriott Platinum Member and also stay in Hilton Properties. Just last week, I needed to get some work done and stopped in at the Hilton Garden Inn. I asked if it would be ok for me to utilize some work space in the lobby and was greeted by Kari White, who is the Front Desk Manager. She went out of her way to accommodate my request and asked if she could bring me some coffee. She asked how long I was in town for, and why I wasn't going to stay at her property. Based on my answers she went way above and beyond the call of duty and arranged for me to stay at this property. She cancelled my other reservation for me. Upon arrival a day later, she took the time to write me a hand written greeting to the property, gave me a coupon for a free breakfast, and generally made sure that I felt special. The next morning at breakfast, she was there to greet me as well as every other guest. I told her that she earned my business and I will go out of my way to stay at this Garden Inn each time I am in Houston. Hilton Hotels should be very proud to have individuals like Kari representing their image to the public. She is a superstar that understands how to go the extra mile to make the customers feel wanted. Kari should go very far within the Hilton Organization and as a traveler that is out over 125 nights a year, I know how to spot someone who cares about what they do. Kari is just that type of outstanding individual!

1 Thank 615Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Sioux Falls, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great value, great food in the breakfast area and room service too, new hotel in excellent location and condition. Stayed there five nights on business and will make this the standard hotel in this part of Houston. It was outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel might be a little way from the center of Houston, but it's a great choice for a stay in the area. Just off the Beltway and with ample parking, it provides easy access to all that Houston has to offer. It's a new hotel, so very modern and clean. The rooms are a good size and well equipped with everything we needed, including a safe. It also has a well-stocked store, excellent restaurant, huge breakfast selection and a good laundry for those on a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 20 May 2014

this new hotel (opened in late 2012) is very modern, clean and comfortable. the décor is beautiful and well laid out. directly off the highway it is easily spotted while driving by. the parking lot is huge, clean and free. the lot is well lit with trees for shade. there is no pass required for parking. the lobby is large with lots of seating and free refreshments, cookies and coffee. the restaurant and bar is open concept with seating from one to 12. the buffet breakfast is exceptional with a very large assortment and make to order. the selection does not change daily but that is not required. breakfast is $13 pp. the dinner menu is very good. please try the braised short ribs, entree's are mostly $10-15. there is a good sized pool and 24hr fitness center. a large office center with many PCs. function rooms are available but I did not check them out (seen some weddings and parties here). rooms are larger than average and well decorated. bathrooms are large with lots of towels. each room has a fridge, microwave and Keurig single cup brewer, the k-cups of coffee or tea is free. WiFi is available throughout but you have to login every 24hrs. the HVAC is built-in and quiet. the only thing is that the bathroom fan cannot be turned off, this is a requirement for the hotel ventilation, you may want to close the bathroom door at night if you find it loud (I did not). DirectTV is free on Samsung 40" TV. hi-tech clock radio takes MP3s. in-room digital safe. this is my hotel of choice when I stay in Houston. the staff is very friendly and the cleanliness is impeccable. the rooms are very quiet and there is a nice feeling of privacy even when the hotel is full. my only negative comments is that because of where it is located (somewhat industrial side) you cannot walk to restaurants or attractions, there is no shuttle service to the airport, and that you have to log in to the wifi everyday. this hotel is highly recommended and I will continue to stay here during my visits to Houston.

Room Tip: all rooms are new and quiet. some have glass showers and some are tubs, ask if you have a preference...
1 Thank steve c
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my colleague recently stayed in this hotel while attending the Microsoft Tech Ed conference at Houston. I was extremely satisfied with my stay here and the staff were very courteous. I highly recommend this hotel and I would stay here next time when I visit Houston.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Staff was friendly, and all common areas were very clean and well kept. It is convenient to several restaurants, if the in house service is not what is wanted. Be aware that the internet maps we downloaded have located this hotel a little further east than it actually is ~ if you are approaching from the freeway access road, there should be no problem, but if you are coming via surface streets, you may have to enter the hotel parking lot from the back instead of the front! There is a good bit of construction in front of the hotel (almost missed the parking lot entrance due to construction barricade!), so ask for an even numbered room if you can ~ those rooms are on the backside of the hotel, adjacent to a commercial lot (where there is also construction ongoing), with little to no traffic noise. There will be construction noise on either side of the hotel during the day. We had a very pleasant stay, and would definitely stay there again when in the area. There is a nice park-like area behind the hotel, as well as sidewalks throughout the area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on back of hotel, and should have less traffic noise.
Keller, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My stay was great although the internet connection did not work. I also did not have my Hilton Honors account number and the staff was not able to get it in the system. That being said, I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple