“Great afternoon”

Bayou City Bike Tours
Ranked #3 of 38 Tours in Houston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bayou City Bike Tours invites you join us in exploring the city we love. Houston is known for its gracious hospitality and laid-back personality, and there is no better way to see it than by bike! We offer two tours.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a group of 12 do the afternoon Heights tour. I've lived in Houston for 7 years and it was a route I didn't know - a nice ride through some great neighborhoods, along bike trails, and we stopped at a few neighborhood bars and restaurants I had never visited before. John took care of all the details, all we did was show up and enjoy the afternoon in great weather, no messing with bikes at stops, and we all had a great time.

1  Thank Erin B

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was a unique approach to seeing Houston. I've lived in Houston for nearly 20 years and never really taken the time to see the cultural and historical aspects of the city. This appeared to be a perfect opportunity to see the city and pick up a few neat facts along the way.

I decided to invite my Dad as we wanted to get a little exercise as well. The tour started near the heights with a leisure ride to Downtown. The guide provided a brief overview of the city, which was intriguing. I was hoping to get an understanding of some of the neighborhoods, such as 1st Ward and maybe some insight of the heights as well, but only a high level summary was provided.

We continued along the route to downtown and made stops near minute maid park as well as discovery green until eventually stopping at market square. Note, there is a lot of road riding, so be prepared to maneuver between traffic. Little attention was given to stragglers. Possible recommendation is to designate a person to ride the tail of the pack and rotate as necessary. This will ensure every one is accounted for on the tour.

Made a lunch stop at market square and thought more history would have been provided, since this was the focal point of Houston and even the state capital in the early years. Instead a brief overview of the pubs, restaurant was provided. The latter part of the ride was a leisure stroll along buffalo bayou before completing the loop.

Overall, the concept was a nice attempt at seeing the city as most only see it from their cars. I would recommend the tour for those trying to get a brief overview of the city. However, the same can be done by riding the new bike path from the heights to downtown and back along buffalo bayou with a few Wikipedia searches.

1  Thank Wishmountain
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I booked the City Tour for a fun date adventure and it was all we had hoped it would be! The weather was beautiful, and the ride very leisurely but passing through some beautiful areas of downtown that we had never seen before. We always felt safe and never rushed, and were able to pause for some great photo opps and views of the city. It was about 1 hour to arrive at Market Square where we had a choice of a variety of restaurants, and we chose Hearsay (our guide Phil's favorite restaurant) and ordered the smoked duck quesadillas (Phil's recommendation) and burger. Both were so delicious! After lunch we biked back to the studio, and the 2nd part while interesting, was not as picturesque as the 1st half so have your camera ready during the first half of the tour! 90% of the information on the tour was new to us and we've lived here 6 years so we really felt like we learned something about our amazing city! Phil was a great guide - humorous, conscious of the safety of the group, and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend you take this tour! We hope to take the Heights one next!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had a friend that was visiting from out of town. I thought it would be a fun activity to introduce him to Houston. The bike tour was the highlighted of our weekend. We both were very impressed of Zach our tour guide and his knowledge of the Heights area. I've lived in Houston for about 8 years and did not realized the beauty and history of the area. The bikes were very comfortable and easy to ride and the trails were clean. It felt like we were biking in another town because the area was peaceful and quiet. I highly recommend to all visitors and native Houstonians! Thanks for a fantastic evening!!!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

After our last excellent experience, we booked BCBT for a Heights Tour including a pub crawl for my husband's birthday with our adult children and their friends, totaling 9 people. Phil and Zach were our guides for our excursion,

We had a blast! All the 20 somethings had a great time! The Heights is a beautiful area of Houston, and we saw it in a way only biking could provide. We also stopped for "beverages" at some of the famous and iconic watering holes in the area. Finished with a great dinner at BB's.

Phil and Zach were fantastic. I highly recommend BCBT to both Houstonians whom will see their city in a different, fun way and to visitors whom know very little about Houston, but will have a great time in our city in a unique way.

BCBT is owned and staffed by veterans which is another reason to consider their tour business.

Many thanks to Phil and Zach, and many thanks to our 2 designated drivers whom also had a blast!