Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks
Ranked #298 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a church convention from May 28th to 30th. My flight came in a bit early so I called the hotel to see if I can check inn early without extra cost and I was told yes my room is ready. Check in was very quick, room was spacious and beautiful, comfortable bed beautiful bathroom. Everything look new and very clean.
I want to thank Mary for all her help with room, information and getting me the church deal I was unaware of. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
MARIA I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

very convenient, clean and beautiful

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I must say i chose this hotel through hotwire and im glad i did. Upon arriving to Texas for the first time i have to say it was a great experience at this location staff was great, service and breakfast was also good. Even though there isn't too much to do in this area i thought it had great access to major roadways. Definately would like to revisit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just spent the weekend at your hotel again and I just have to finally speak up - To the owner, you keep the holiday inn standards of clean bathrooms, but spend a bit of money on
1) Decent toilet paper - I stay at other HI all the time and they have somewhat decent toilet paper. Your's is like sandpaper. You've actually downgraded over the past year. Cheap Cheap Cheap
2) Fidx the ice machine on floor 4. It's been out of commission over 2 years
3) Fix the morning beverage dispenser - the Cranberry hasn't worked for over a year.
4) Fix your linens. The mattress pad is so cheap, it slips all over so you wake up and the sheets have come off the bed.

This hotel is in a highly populated area for travelers and has plenty of business. I would think you would want to take that extra step to insure that we return, rather than go to the other hotels across the street. I'm beginnig to think I'll pay the extra $10 a night for these little things.

Switching to the Hampton Inn Across the street as of today.

Room Tip: Select another hotel if you like the little things, such as your sheets staying on the bed. Thius h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear jlc1520,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see such high scores for Service, Cleanliness, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the staff at this hotel is great. Mary at the front desk is super professional. As a platinum ambassador with IHG she went above and beyond to make my stay a pleasant one. The hotel is clean and in a good location.

My only complaint is that the Wi-Fi is a little sketchy. It will commonly drop out and stop working. As this is a business hotel I feel that more attention should be paid to it. At one point the internet went out for several hours. When I called the front desk they told me I would need to contact the internet company. That is like the elevator not working and them asking me to call the repair man. Apparently this was at the request of the internet company and not the hotel. I refuse to call as this is an advertised amenity. If they can't provide internet with out wasting the time of the guests then take it off of the features list. I imagine I am not the only business class guest to find this a little ridiculous.

Otherwise this is a great hotel. I would stay again if it was not for business. Internet is too important for me.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

when i had a problem with the Courtyard down the street i selected this as a plan B-
it is now my plan A. Rooms were large and comfortable, very clean and very helpful staff. Just outside your door you have two different places to eat and both offer carryout. I also had a meeting at the hotel. 20+ people and the room was excellent and set up just as requested. Prices were very acceptable, even though just of a very busy highway - did not pick up any road noise in the room

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

There is not much in the way of hotels or motels to pick from in this specific area. And certainly almost nothing that is a "name brand" nor of a newish construction. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express across the country, usually for business.
They are always clean and functional and the 100% non-smoking policy in the newer HI Express locations is a nice plus, or a good discipline (depending on your particular challenge!). The big surprise in this location was the size of the rooms....if you travel by yourself you could "get lost". If there are two or more of you, you will not risk bumping into each other. Bed linens a cut above. AC/heat
controlled in the room. Breakfast is standard HI Express freebie. Front desk is "young" and not well versed on area, but very accommmodating for special guest requests. Good weekend price deals if you are in town for a wedding or other event. I was visiting Houston with another couple who usually stays 20 miles less convenient, at a higher end major brand that costs more, but they stayed here because they had the car and did not want to leave me stranded. They too were surprised at the size of their room and accoutraments. Now this is their hotel choice when heading to Houston. Best restaurant choice directly across the street is a Chili's.

Room Tip: Ask for the mezzanine level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Hotel offers best location on Highway 6 that's close to such big oil companies like Exxon, Chevron....it's also five minute from West Oak Mall. Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Hotel is fairly new with all modern amenities It also offers reasonable rate for compatible hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Nathantran,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Best Western Sugarland Inn
#4 of 9 in Sugar Land
Westchase
Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks

Address: 2205 Barker Oaks Dr, Houston, TX 77077-5389
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #298 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: £78 - £107 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Energy Corridor-W Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.