“Wonderful French food”

Etoile Cuisine et Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Etoile Cuisine et Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 8,545 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Post Oak Blvd.
Description: Visit Etoile Cuisine et Bar for an inviting, warm, European environment where fine French food is front and center. Chef Philippe offers a traditional and seasonal menu that changes to offer the freshest produce and ingredients available. Chef Philippe combines his native, regional fare and the idea of fresh, local ingredients with modern food concepts to create distinctive and delicious dishes.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here for a Houston Restaurants Week brunch. The Vichyssoise Soup was perfect, so creamy, smooth and delicious. The Sole “Meunière” was perfectly cooked and served at the right temperature. For dessert I had the Apple Tart. It too was wonderful. Service was prompt, but no too prompt. Great place for French food. The regular menu looks great.

1  Thank e s

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to Etoile for dinner on a Sunday. The place was almost full, and even then we had a wonderful time and service.
My wife and one of my sons had the seared Foiegras and I had the terrine, both were great. We had 2 tenderloin steaks, one duck magret and one fish fillet. All delicious. The wine list was long and good.
Our server was great and the service was very attentive and helpful. I wish I remembered our waiter name, because he deserved to be mentioned by name.

1  Thank ChinSin2003
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went there and food was really really nice, service was above average.

Keep room for the desset and enjoy the WONDERFUL apple pie.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were in Houston last weekend and decided to give Etoile a try and we were very impressed (even my dad who is VERY hard to please). The service is outstanding as is the food. For starters we had the foie grans (terrific) and the lobster bisque. My sis really enjoyed the shop and I loved the foie gras. For mains 3 of us had the cog au vin which was Amazing and my dad had the fillet (which he devoured). Mom had the apple tart which didnt look like a traditional tart (and she did say she preferred the tarts in Paris-of course) but she did eat the whole thing (so I guess it was good :) )
Food was perfectly served and was piping hot which is a huge plus for us. All in all a great experience. Would definetly go back.

1  Thank parislover1224
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A French Restaurant in Uptown Park! Excellent service, inspired menu, and superb food. This is truly a gem in a city that generally does not appreciate French Cuisine. It is relatively small so make reservations.