“Avoid”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I remember when Papadeaux was the go to place. No more. Lots of fried food; overwhelming volumes of chips and salads and dressings that just are not fresh. Why does everyone serve gloppy dressings; what's wrong with good olive oil and vinegar or even lemon.
Houston offers lots of fish restaurants so avoid Papadeaux and find a good place. The price at Papadeaux is as much as it is in a good fish restaurant.
Additionally, the restaurants are large so the noise level is over the top.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was feeling tired after a long day of meetings and almost hit the hotel restaurant instead of venturing out for something better - I'm very glad I decided otherwise. I chose to sit outside and enjoy the perfect evening temp and my waiter was new and not very knowledgeable, but the food was excellent. Having never tried redfish I asked him if it was similar to trout, he said he didn't know but he thought maybe it was - umm NO! I ordered the redfish pontchartrain, and LOVED IT! The redifish was a whitefish, very similar in flavor to a mahi mahi but lighter in texture, and the butter wine sauce was so good I even enjoyed a piece of bread to soak up the leftover. The lump crab meat and shrimp that topped the fish were also delicious. I chose to skip an appetizer and saved room for dessert, but the brownie was less than impressive. I think I should have had the oysters instead.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

What ever you do .... when there is a Papadeaux Restaurant near, "DO NOT MISS AN AWESOME DINING EXPERIENCE"!! Anytime Papadeaux(s) is in the city I am visiting, I will go out-of-the-way to make sure an enjoyable time is had.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit a Papadeaux and enjoy Louisiana style food. I would highly recommend that you try Papadeaux. They are a small chain restaurant located mostly in the Southwest. However they are expanding into other regions. I have ate at several locations and they are very consistent always good. The gumbo is outstanding and the seafood fantastic.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wait staff friendly and yet professional, prompt service. We had a private room, as it was a business dinner, and enjoyed good food, nice room temperature throughout the meal, and delicious appetizers, including alligator!