“Great way to fill your belly before a flight”
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #172 of 9,030 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

On the way to Montego Bay, we connected in Houston. We wanted a good breakfast for the 3 hour flight and yes it was good. I ordered eggs, pancakes, potatoes and bacon. My wife had a breakfast sandwich and added mushrooms. We enjoyed the breakfast and I shared the pancakes with my wife.

On the way back, we had an hour between flights. We went back to Ruby’s. I ordered the classic cheeseburger and my wife ordered the mushroom Swiss. Both burgers were huge and delicious. Our waiter, his name might have been Jose, was very understanding. I was sort of rushing him and he did not lose his professionalism. The burgers were some of the best we’ve had in a while.

If your are in Houston at the airport, I would highly recommend Ruby’s if you need a full stomach before boarding.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Following a long drive food was required for six adults and three children, a table was quickly sorted and service was efficient and friendly.
Children’s menu, vegetarian menu and meat menu all provided sufficient choices to keep everyone happy.
The food tasted great and fresh, washed down with a draught Shiner, a great way to sat goodbye to Texas......for now.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Unfortunately, our terminal at IAH had limited food. Ruby's Diner was average but with quick service. The cost for 2 (without drinks or desserts) was $28 before tip.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

While I would expect good fast service at at an airport eatery, I was not disappointed. The shake was very good.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Salads are HUGE, hickory burger is amazing. Chips and queso are a must. Freshly squeezed lemonade it potent. Julio (not sure if I spelled it right) was very polite and friendly. It made coming back to the states very refreshing; Definitely would recommend requesting him. Pre-bussing was excellent as well as drinks being refilled. Only negatives I could come up with would be the hosts finished their conversation before greeting us. Other tables were cleared and cleaned in a timely fashion.