“Pork Chop Day is a Tradition at Work”

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille
Ranked #74 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Clear Lake
Cross street: Seawolf
Description: Long considered one of the premier steakhouses in Texas, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille has earned a faithful following by perfecting prime since 1979. With an award-winning menu and private dining rooms, Perry’s is perfect for any occasion large or small, casual or formal. And Social Hour offers half-price appetizers and specials on wines and martinis, or enjoy live entertainment evenings. At Perry’s, we believe your dining experience should always be Rare and Well Done!
Houston, Texas
“Pork Chop Day is a Tradition at Work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Perry's pork chop is a work of art. It is unbelievably good and the one in the picture is the LUNCH portion. It's on special on Wednesdays and Fridays at the steakhouse location (around $12). You won't be disappointed. On occasion, when we can afford it, we go for dinner. The dinner portion can feed my family of five if we get a side or two to go with it.

• Visited June 2014

“Don't worry Perry's, we got your message loud and clear!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ambience was decent, although it will be time to revamp the place in the near future. It's an establishment that predominantly catered to the caucasian community.

I made reservations and we were seated promptly even though a few folks in our party were running a bit late.

As we were going through the wine list and the menu, my husband asked if we could get some bread as 'munchies' to keep our daughter occupied. Well, when the bread arrived, it was flat like someone made it a point to punch it flat vs. it being round, warm and fluffy. I let this slide as I'm aware, sometimes mistakes happen and maybe the bread didn't particulary come out the best. But then as all of our party arrived and we begin to order our wine/beverages someone in my party asked for more bread. First off, it took almost 15 to 20 min. for the bread to arrive. Secondly, there was a table next to us (white folks), who had ordered some salads/appetizers, therefore their bread and our bread arrived together . . . . .here's where it gets interesting. . . . .our waitress, Jennifer, who is serving the other table picks up the two dishes of the "flattend" bread and begins to serve it to that table and quickly RETRACTS the dishes realizing her mistake and that it's flattened bread. So, she puts the "flattend" bread BACK on her serving tray and picks up the round, fluffy, warm bread and serves it to the that same table and guess where the flattend bread goes . . . . .yup, right onto our table. At that time, I took some time to look around and notice that "flattend" bread was not the norm on other tables. As I brought this to Jennifer's attention, she informed me that there was nothing she could do because "that's how it came out of the oven" yet I don't understand why everyone else was getting the normal "NON-flattened" bread. She didn't seem like she wanted to remove the bread from our table until I mentioned to her that it was RAW!! Even then, again, she brought out a loaf that was half flattend the 2nd. At this time, a manager must've have seen the look of dissatisfaction/dissappointment on my face and came over to undo the damage that had been done. . . .and offered to make the experience more pleasant. But my party was not at all pleased on how she handled things, and although the manager attempted to fix it - it was too late because our dinner was already arriving. That whole experience just ruined our entire evening.

My husband ordered the filet and it came with NOTHING, no garnishings, no side dish, there was nothing but a piece of meat on a cheap-looking dish. Although, we had planned to order side dishes anyway, I was in disbelief at the quality of the culinary skills this restaurant lacks.

Also, I had called ahead because we had a few folks who were vegetarians and wanted to ensure there options available to those folks. The options were great, however, they were not fresh or made-to-order as they stated when making the reservations because the vegetarians had mentioned that their food's temperature was at room temperature.

How does a restaurant of this caliber get away with giving a below the average service???

Houston, Texas
“Always a wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I took my husband and son here for Father's Day for dinner. Made reservations ahead of time. That was a good move, because they were very busy and had been all day. We each had their Sunday Pork Chop special. The Pork Chop is the reason we go to Perry's! Their is no other chop in the city that compares! Our server was a delight, meal was just as we have come to love. You can order any starter, they are all good. My favorites are the asparagus with crab and the hot calamari. Yum! We had enough leftovers to have 2 more meals at home. Thanks, Perry's, for always giving your best.

Fernandina Beach, Florida, Usa
“VERY Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Were treated to dinner here. Didn't see many entrees for less that $30 and going up to almost $60. Pretty noisy. Adequate portions. Waitstaff all over the place who seemed to be fighting to sweep the bread crumbs off the table. Took about 40 minutes to get our special order dessert that was promised in 15-20.

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Get the Pork Chop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of pork but everyone at the office ranted and raved about the Pork chop so I decided to give it a try. Got the lunch portion Definitely worth it... absolutely delish! ! They cut it right in front of you plus you'll have enough to take home.