“Good food adjacent to our departure gate!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 8,397 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good appetizers and beer conveniently located one floor directly above our gate. Who could ask for anything more!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I transit IAH frequently and ate here a couple months ago when I ran into family members in the terminal. Food was good and service was excellent.

I was recently transiting IAH with a friend and suggested we have an early dinner here. We were promptly seated and when our server came over she took our drink order. It took her quite some time to come back with our waters. I was debating between two dishes and asked her some questions about the two items. She kept looking at another table and didn't give me a very good description of the dishes in questions. It was all I could do to get her attention while she was standing at our table. She finally took our order. I ordered the pan seared tilapia which was served with a risotto cake and vegetable medley (menu stated green beans). The risotto and vegetables were cold. The only vegetables that were warm were the ones under the piece of fish. My friend had the chicken breast which came with a baked potato and vegetable medley (this was different than what was on the menu). Her food was hot. When our server stopped back to see how things were I told her my risotto and vegetables were not hot. She said she would notify the manager. A manager did stop by and apologized. She said the kitchen probably plated the sides while waiting for the fish to be cooked. She offered to get fresh sides, but I told her I didn't have time to wait. She said she would take money off of the bill. We had requested separate checks, and $5 was deducted from each bill.

As much as I love seafood I will eat elsewhere when I am transiting IAH.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a wonderful meal at this place. When we first arrived, I was concerned because the front was really loud, but the hostess took us to the back and we had a wonderful quiet meal with great wine. The food was prepared well. The shrimp, mushroom, crayfish fondue was excellent. My husband had the flounder special which was cooked to perfection. I had gulf shrimp that were amazing. Our service was exceptional and staff were stopping by continuously to make sure are needs were met. The desserts looked incredible, but we were too full to partake. Too bad they are not located in the pacific northwest.

1  Thank pcmcbride1
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant in Houston Hobby several times and this last visit was terrible for a plethora of reasons. First, our server disappeared on us. When you are in the airport, most of the time you need to be in and out. You need a tentative server. Second, the staff appeared to be having some sort of argument and it was just unprofessional. It was loud and there was bickering back and forth. Our drinks were wrong and they were not happy that we sent them back. We were made to wait because we complained. Unfortunately, the food was just ok and usually, it is great. It was an embarrassment for me because I was with a colleague and I suggested the restaurant.

Other guests were being neglected and everyone was just unhappy. I am not sure that I will be able to go back and I pass through Houston Hobby on a regular basis.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise at the Houston airport! I ordered the halibut which was perfectly cooked and served with polenta and a rich browned butter sauce. My husband and friend had shrimp Po boys and my other friend had a fabulous shrimp salad. The food was notable but my gosh what really shined was the service. I have eaten at many restaurants over the years, both high and low end, and I honestly cannot remember having better service. I believe our servers name was Danial. He was absolutely exceptional. He even gave us a brief history and run down of the Pappadeux family of restaurants. Great experience all the way around. This restaurant is also up one level from the terminal which makes it feel like a "real" restaurant and not an airport quickie. Depressed about returning home from Mexico, this stop made reentry a bit easier.