“Great Experience”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Ranked #395 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: 610 & Westheimer
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our server, Terrel, was super! Ambiance is awesome! Good, strong drinks!
Cons: Lobster was undercooked and tough to chew. Steak portion was smaller than expected (file mignon)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great service, great food, we had the meatballs and steak egg rolls for appetizer which were both great (highly recommended!)
We had steaks that were cooked perfectly, great wine the only draw back was the desserts that could have been better (we had the s'more cake which sounded better than the execution)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The restaurant was right around the corner from where we stayed at Hotel Derek. The food was excellent and the staff was very accommodating. The two items combined make this restaurant a great place to conduct business dinners. You can be confident that it will make an impression on your client. I was very satisfied.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Local Texan and I'd rate this the best steak in Houston. Friends with owners and staff and never disappointed. Support this location.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had been here before and had a great time. They had a jazz pianist and bass player playing in the bar. Very good. But this time my friend and I sat in the dining area. We sat down, and I ordered a glass of each of the Pinot Noirs they offered by the glass. I wanted to compare it to the Bella Glos Meiomi. I have to say, go with the cheaper Meiomi, it is just as good or better than any of the others. I ordered a caesar salad, 8 oz filet(of course, with a side of peppercorn sauce), and white cheddar au gratin potatoes, and the shaved brussel sprouts. Now, the brussel sprouts were some of the better sides I have ever had. So get those. The steak was cooked to my specs, and was very good with the peppercorn sauce. For dessert I had the iron cast blondie. Yum. So, all in all, my 3rd good experience with a Sullivans. More on the expensive side, but worth it.