“Great location and ok food.”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Reserve with OpenTable
Sambuca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #339 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This restaurant offers small plates, or you can order an entree and salad and/or sides. My friend and I opted for a bibb lettuce salad with nuts and dried cranberries to start,which we both liked, then each ordered a couple of small plates. My caprese salad was delicious. The tomatoes were ripe and flavorful, which to me, is what a caprese is all about. I also ordered artichokes stuffed with goat cheese, which were a little heavy on the goat cheese for my taste. My friend ordered these small chicken tacos and a shrimp dip with thin sliced and toasted baguette to dip in it. The tacos were better than the dip. It again was heavy on cheese or cream cheese or something and overpowered the shrimp. The portions were quite large, which is to be expected since small plates are to be shared. The waiter was attentive and nice and answered our questions about the menu. He was also very apologetic and brought me a new menu and wet napkin when I discovered a previous diner had laid my menu in ketchup and it got all over my hands and on my white pants. These were laminated menus so I would expect them to at least wipe them off each day. The restaurant also has live music, but you can ask to be seated away from it so you can talk.

1  Thank Sandra G

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good range of food, excellent service and superb entertainment the night we were there, may need to book a table

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed the music, though it was not the jazz I'd hoped for. We had a relaxing time listening to the band and watching the crowd. The staff was very friendly and provided attentive service. Will recommend this place to anyone just wanting to chill.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We have come several times and have generally been well taken care of and food has been satisfactory. Ordered the fried oysters, tomato & motz and dinner order of scallops. 3 sea scallops showed up. This sad delivery cost $24. Never again, this place charges gormet prices for tiny portions and average quality. The waitress was ok but not friendly.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went here for a private party and was amazed by the space, the food, and the entertainment. If the servers could keep pace with the quality of every thing else them it would be in the top 5 restaurants in Houston.

1  Thank Chazmaniac