“Great food”

Benjy's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 8,548 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kelvin
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I took a customer to Benjy's yesterday and both of us had a great time. I really like the fact they have some "out of the box" thinking when it comes to their food. I had a lamb burger that was delicious. The ambiance was great and the staff was delightful.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I took my mom to celebrate her 85th bday along w my sister for brunch and it was fabulous! I mentioned the bday to our waiter along w the fact that my mom and sister were visiting Benjys for the first time so he brought over some roasted brussel sprouts which little did he know is one of our fav veggies and they were delicious. He also recommended the house Bloody Mary's which we loved and our meal was incredible....I had an egg white omelet, my sister had the burger and fries and mom had the famous French toast which is to die for! They sent over Benjys Chocolate Cake which is a 'must' for anyone who loves chocolate as it never disappoints and is made daily by Benjy's mom! Service was awesome and the food was incredible.....perfect celebration.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Menu was very very small and the food was bad and expensive but they tried to make it look fancy to justify the price. A speaker fell off the wall and nearly hit the lady who was siting below it. This happened while we were waiting for our food; will never go back. 8/14/2013

2  Thank TrojanSoccer14
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I would return to Houston for the Chocolate cake alone!!! This place has a great neighborhood feel. Our large party had excellent service. The food was good and the specialty cocktails hit the spot. I would think this would be a great date spot as well

Reviewed 25 August 2013

First time at Benjy's the past Friday at Happy Hour with friends, a nice spot! It gets very crowded and parking can be a pain, but overall I had a nice experience! The HH is held upstairs, both indoor and a smallish patio. Very nice selection of HH entrees and cocktails! Great prices!