“Best TexMex in Houston” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #117 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Afton Oaks/ River Oaks
Houston, Texas
“Best TexMex in Houston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Light, crispy chips with salsa and creamy jalapeno dip make it worth the trip. Also enjoy the rellenos, enchiladas and margaritas. Finally made it to Chuy's after years of hearing about it. It is now our "go-to TexMex" in Houston, Austin and Nashville.

Missouri City, Texas
“A favorite place for Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Chuy's is a great restaurant, best Mexican food in Houston. We have been regular at this restaurant for many years, and whenever, my daughters visit us, they want Chuy's!

With several vegetarian sauces to top our foods, each one in our family has their own favorite item on Menu. I go to Chuy's for Chile Rellenos. Since eating Chile Rellenos here, I do not even venture to try it at any other Mexican restaurant, nor I try anything else at Chuy's.

Another favorite item to go with food is the Texas Martini.

A great place for spicy vegetarian meal.

1 Thank Anshuman D
Dallas, Texas
“Disappointing nite.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I always enjoy my trips to Chuys! This particular visit we sat outside. The service was spotty at best and we couldn't get our server to smile! We asked for things several times. We had a seven year old with three adults and we couldn't get our food requests done quickly enough to keep the little one happy. The 'chip car' was closed. I bought a t-shirt as usual but felt lousy about the food and service that night. I will go back, but I hope it's as fun as I've known it to be before.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston,Tx
“Best Chips!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Chuy's has to have the best chips of any Mexican restaurant. They have some good dishes and some bad. You have to know what to order. The Taco Salad, Guacamole, Tacos and Fajitas are very good. The Creamy Jalapeno Sauce is also very good but they don't deliver on the beans and rice, not good at all.

• Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Four Happy Hour Hipsters.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Not! I went to Chuy's after a work function on a Friday at 5 pm. Happy Hour! . i ordered Guacamole and also Queso with our drinks. There is a Happy Hour bar with free chips, salsa, and QUESO. Not being a regular i paid 6 bucks for free food, basically. If I had been the waitress, I certainly would have told the customer that I did not need to order this, as it was free. But not our waitress! When I discovered the error of my ways, and mentioned it, she was clueless. "well, you ordered it...." after receiving the bill, I wrestled with my conscious, and settled on a 15% tip. What would you have done?

• Visited February 2014