“Enjoyable but a little pricey!”

Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 8,507 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I recently ate at Trulucks Houston while on holiday in the US and really enjoyed my evening. Despite it being a busy Friday evening with no reservation, we were seated at a table in the bar area very quickly. The restaurant looks great and the piano player/singer was a nice addition, not too loud so u could still hear and speak to those with you! Our server Lillian was excellent, attentive and helpful with both the food and wine menus without being overbearing- I can't fault the service on my visit. We decided on a bottle of crisp white wine (very good although the wine list was on the expensive side) and on the special (steak dinamite) and the Texan redfish with New Orleans shrimp, served with Parmesan mash and a side of broccoli. The food was really good, although a little pricey, and the steak cooked to perfection! For desert we shared the carrot cake (award winning I think!) and still couldn't finish- the portion was huge but delicious! Overall I was very happy with the food and service but do feel the wine in particular was on the expensive side. I would recommend Trulucks to others but be warned to bring your cheque book!!

1  Thank D_Ireland81

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great seafood and decent steaks. The all you can eat stone crab will leave you needing a wheelbarrow to get to your car. Great atmosphere in the new location I would definitely recommend this spot to check out

Reviewed 14 October 2013

we went to the houston location of the truluck restaurant on friday 10/10/13. the atmosphere was nice and the restaurant was clean and neat. we had reservations for six people and the table was missing a place setting, no big deal. the owner greeted us and introduced himself. we were presented menus and immediately asked if we wanted appetizers. i said give us a minute please. after 10+ minutes a staff member brought us water. about five minutes later an assistant waiter brought bread and we asked for an additional place setting which he brought. about five minutes later the waiter stopped by and demanded our appetizer and dinner orders. i asked about a side dish and if it contained onions because they make me sick and he said it did not. we complied and he hurried off. finally i stopped the assistand waiter and asked when we would be asked about drinks. he said i thought the waiter asked us and apologized and took our drink order. the meal and appetizers came out almost on top of each other and the drinks finally arrived. when i tasted the side dish i inquired about i almost gagged and spit out a mouth full of green onions. i did not see any wait staff to complain to during the entire meal. finally the owner walked by to seat a couple. i got his attention and explained the situation and he got me a new side without onions. the busboy was good and kept our water glasses full. we never saw our waiter again only the assistant waiter. the food was good and cooked to our liking. it is ashamed a restaurant of this caliber has such a failure at the point of contact level. the service standards often dictate if i return to a restaurant. this is one place i will not be returning to and i will make sure i tell people of our experience, i have also read other reviews regarding the poor service.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Well, the title speaks for itself, I love this place. Everything about this place is excellent to me. All the food is great, the service is great, they're located in a great part of town, and they have the best carrot cake EVER MADE! I promise, just try it, it'll change your life! I could go on, and on, and on, about this place but I spare you my enthusiasm and let you try it for yourself. This my favorite restaurant of them all! I'll upload some more photos later!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I use to go there either for business or with my family and never left unhappy. I always go for seafood (I'm basically addicted to their fried prawns) so I cannot comment about meat. I had the opportunity to taste many other seafood proposal such as steamed crab, crab cake, tuna tartare, alaskan crab claws, and each one was delicious, no exceptions. Very good desserts as well.
Wine list quite wide and exhaustive.
Service very accurate.
Like almost any other restaurant of this kind in Houston, they tend to save on the power bill and keep the entire restaurant pretty dark.