“My favorite seafood restaurant in Houston”

Massa's South Coast Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Massa's South Coast Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 8,283 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Family owned and operated seafood restaurant with a South Coast twist.
Westcliffe
“My favorite seafood restaurant in Houston”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I visit Houston once a year, and could probably eat here everyday and be happy. The Redfish Ponchartrain is always divine. A person can't of wrong with any of their specials. Massas's is an easy walk from the convention center. The service is appropriately attentive and they have a decent wine list. I usually organize a group meal here, and have never heard a complaint from anyone in the group about the quality and flavor of their dishes.

• Visited November 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing really”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Tried this based on TA reviews. We had been to Reef the previous night and liking seafood, and this being close to our hotel, thought we'd try it. Well, it was a bit mediocre to be honest. I had the chowder soup to start, which was excellent. We ordered the seafood platter and my wife the mahi mahi. The waiter must have missed the pass becuase two adjacent tables who'd ordered before us got served before we did. He apologised and explained that someone had taken the seafood platter so they were just preparing another. You can guess the result. The platter was piping hot and the mahi mahi was tepid. Typical Brits we didn't complain but the notwithstanding the above the seafood platter was okay but everything had the same non descript batter coating that made me think it had either come out of a frozen pre-pack or the chef had no imagination - everything tasted the same and resembled the marine equivalent of KFC. The mahi mahi was very over cooked- probably as a result of standing on a warming plate. We didn't stay for desert.

Ferndale, Washington
“Good Food”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Eight of us went for dinner. Appetizer calamari: pieces were small, tiny compared with from other restaurant I had, crab cake better than calamari, one ordered salmon, one shrimp wrapped with bacon. One ordered fried shrimps which came with a french fried onion (with center rings of onion removed) that came with french fries. 3 of us ordered red fish, good, I asked for mashed sweet potato instead of regular mashed potato, 2 asked for spinach instead of what he said came with the entree, which was mixed vegetables. The waiter told us something to the effect that changes were not ok with him but would do it. He got two of us entrees mixed up, so we just switched ourselves. One other got something not exactly correct, but just let it go. They automatically added 18% gratuity to your bill, with a blank line below it for extra tip. Overall, I would say depending on what you ordered, food could be from ok to good.

Huntsville texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

A great seafood Resturant,lobster fresh prepared very well. Calmari light , service wonderful. The assorted appetizer tray was a wonderful way to try several items. Salad and breads very good .

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Catfish under seasoned”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I started with the house salad which was excellent. I then had the catfish on a bed of jambalaya. The jambalaya with andouille sausage was very tasty. The catfish sitting on top of it however i found could have used some additional seasoning. Service was good though I came early on a mid week evening so it wasn't busy at all.

I would come back and give it another try.