“My Favorite Italian”

Divino Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Divino Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #491 of 8,277 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: Woodhead
Houston, Texas
“My Favorite Italian”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I've been here 3 times, and every visit left me satiated. The restaurant building looks small and unassuming, but the inside is nicely done. It's perfect for couples (quite intimate), friends, or families with older children.

Divinos has an impressive wine list. Some of the waiters are very knowledgeable regarding pairings. And now the food... Ahhh the food! I have many favorite entrees on the menu, but my absolute favorite is Emily's Goat Cheese Ravioli. It's delicious and yet, doesn't leave you miserable. I usually even have enough room to visit the chocolate bar across the street.
All in all, I love this place!

Visited May 2013

Austin, Texas
“Great local Italian”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My hubby and I made a last minute reservation for this restaurant and we were very happy with our meal. We were warmly greeted at the door and quickly shown to a table in the main dining area. Our server was friendly, although a bit slow and seemingly a tad disorganized. However, he was very nice so it made up for it. I ordered the tagliatelli with meat sauce and my husband decided to try the fish special. The wine list had a good selection and the prices were very reasonable. I ordered a glass of Sangiovese that was delicious and under $10 a glass.

Our meals were very good. My hubby didn't even look up from his fish until it was gone. My portion of pasta was large and filling. We were so stuffed, yet we managed to find room for gelato.

All in all, we were very satisfied with our meal and the experience.

Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“First time to dine at this tiny gem and was delighted!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I can't believe it took me so many years to find this little gem of an Italian restaurant in Houston. For those of you that enjoy the ambiance of a small, cottage restaurant, this is perfect. Quiet, casual ambiance, and excellent service. I visited on a week day evening, just before I was scheduled to leave for vacation in Italy, so my expectations were high for great Italian food and yet I didn't want the typical giant American portion of it. I was delighted to find that most of their entrees on the dinner menu are also available in lunch size portions. It was perfect and also allowed me to have room to sample one of their fabulous salads before the entree came. Now that I'm back from my exquisite Italian holiday, I can't wait to go back to Divino's. My taste buds are now spoiled by the "real thing" and I think Divino's may be one of the very few Italian restaurants in Houston that may be able to live up to my expectations. Looking forward to it!

• Visited June 2013
“Love how light food is”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Nice atmosphere, excellent service and the food is wonderful. Have been a couple of times already and cannot wait to go back and continue trying the different dishes on the menu. Very good selection of wine as well. You can tell the owners are there at all times making sure everything works in order and smooth.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Oswelia T
Sugar Land, Texas
“The Best in Houston”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Excellent experience. I had the seared Salmon served over a grain (I think it was barley). One of the best meals I've had in Houston in years. The atmosphere was pleasant, the service was excellent and the prices were fair. My husband and I travel quite a bit, both overseas and in the U.S., so we know good food when it is served to us. This was a stand out in evey way.

• Visited September 2012