“Authentic Mexican Food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We went for an early dinner on a Saturday evening so the restaurant wasn't crowed yet. The restaurant is in an old building which adds to the charm of the place.

The food was prepared well and very tasty. I had the beef fajitas which were still sizzling when they came out from the kitchen. The grilled vegetables that came with them were very good. The combo plate was also very good. The food was very fresh and more authentic than the traditional Tex-Mex places in the Houston area. The only negative is the service is a little slow. The place wasn't busy( yet) but it took a little longer than most restaurants to get waited on and to get served.

This is a good place if you want a taste of some authentic Mexican food - the prices are in the same range as Pappasitos or Lupe's. It's a good change up from the Tex-Mex chain restaurants.

1  Thank exptraveller501

Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you want to eat real mexican food, with the best quality in town and the best service. Bocados is your place

Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I stopped at Bocados for lunch and drinks.
We were gladly surprised with the homemade flavor of the Bocados sampler plate. Margarita on the rocks, excellent!!!
Cozzy atmosphere and great service.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

After visiting The University of St. Thomas- my alma mater --I saw a colorful restaurant across the street and decided to have dinner there. My little boy had the chicken tenders/nuggets. I dipped one in the dipping sauce and took a bite. WOW- It was heavenly!!
I actually closed my eyes to savor the delicious flavors. DELICIOUS- HEAVENLY!!
I ordered the fish tacos. They were delicious also. I will definitely be going back.
With drinks and tax, the bill came to about 32-or $34- a little more than I usually spend, but definitely worth the price.
The atmosphere was relaxing and the food was fantastic! Quite possibly one of the most delicious meals that I have ever eaten. FANTASTIC!! FRESH AND DELICIOUS!

1  Thank MichDH
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2008

good food - great people.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook