“Pretty Yummy Bocados at Bocados”
Review of Bocados - CLOSED

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Texas
“Pretty Yummy Bocados at Bocados”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

It’s located near the Montrose area close to all the galleries and down the street from the museum district. It’s our usual hangout area so we have seen it but never gone. So we picked it for our date night.

We decided to sit inside because it was a tiny bit warm outside. We thought we got there too early because there was no one there. So when we noticed it was too quiet we told the waiter that we were moving outside. Quite nice the waiter by the way.

This is a Mexican/Latin American restaurant, so I was curious what their food would be like. I have to say that the food was VERY GOOD. I had the chicken plate with the poblano sauce, and it was so creamy and good. I can’t remember the name, sorry. They had a very delicious Tres Leches dessert.

This is more of a yuppy place, smaller amount of food I’m used to in a Latin restaurant, pricey but not too ridiculous over priced. Though it’s a nice little hangout I didn’t like that the other waitress I saw there was dressed so casual, like if she was coming from grocery shopping. Our waiter was dressed nice. We did like that they had the outside area to eat, but there were too many mosquitoes for our liking. If it would have been so quiet inside we would have stayed indoors. Maybe we chose the wrong time to go or day.

• Visited June 2012

“Home made Mexican”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Best Mexican food in our neighborhood. Bocados is one-of-a-kind locally owned and operated restaurant on W. Alabama street near University of St. Thomas. We love eating there and take our out-of-town guests there too. I recommend Bocados to anyone. I've liked every dish I've had, especially the enchiladas. Flautas are good too, and their refried beans are the best. The atmosphere is pleasant and I like that the restaurant is in an old bungalow. They have a nice patio and plenty of parking across the street from the front door.

• Visited August 2011
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We went for an early dinner on a Saturday evening so the restaurant wasn't crowed yet. The restaurant is in an old building which adds to the charm of the place.

The food was prepared well and very tasty. I had the beef fajitas which were still sizzling when they came out from the kitchen. The grilled vegetables that came with them were very good. The combo plate was also very good. The food was very fresh and more authentic than the traditional Tex-Mex places in the Houston area. The only negative is the service is a little slow. The place wasn't busy( yet) but it took a little longer than most restaurants to get waited on and to get served.

This is a good place if you want a taste of some authentic Mexican food - the prices are in the same range as Pappasitos or Lupe's. It's a good change up from the Tex-Mex chain restaurants.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank exptraveller501
Caracas, Venezuela
“The best Mexican food in twon”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you want to eat real mexican food, with the best quality in town and the best service. Bocados is your place

• Visited February 2011
“Homemade style...”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

My husband and I stopped at Bocados for lunch and drinks.
We were gladly surprised with the homemade flavor of the Bocados sampler plate. Margarita on the rocks, excellent!!!
Cozzy atmosphere and great service.

• Visited November 2011