“Where to eat Breakfast (Lunch or Dinner)”

Teotihuacan Mexican Cafe
Ranked #2,746 of 8,176 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Texas
“Where to eat Breakfast (Lunch or Dinner)”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Have eaten here many times. If you're a restaurant snob and the flooring, lighting and service determine whether you're going to like the food, keep on driving. You're just going to leave more tables available for folks like me.

I've had the breakfast, a terrific lunch, and dinner several times when I visit Houston. Their sauces are excellent (I've transported the red sauce home more than once) and the food is fresh and delicious.

The most recent visit was actually take-out, which was determined 'dangerous' because it was so darn convenient and easy. The website is comprehensive and ordering was a breeze. We were told "Give us 10 minutes". The order was correct and tasted just as good as in the restuarant.

I'm a HUGE fan of their charro beans -- could seriously eat these every day. Flavorful and full of tomato and just right seasonings.

Never had anything here I didn't love.

• Visited September 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Tex-Mex for a great price”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were visiting from Atlanta and were taken to this restaurant by some friends who live in the Heights. Fabulous time, great food and fun atmosphere. Our waiter was terrific and the food was outstanding. It's always a pleasure to come to Houston for great Tex-Mex since Atlanta's idea of Mexican cuisine is a plate of mystery meat covered in cheese with sides of rice, refried beans and canned salsa. Ugh. The real treat was the prices. They were more than reasonable for some sophisticated dishes. I had the shrimp with cilantro, which was outstanding. The snapper cilantro, which my son had, was also great, as was the chicken with mustard sauce. All in all, from the fresh chips and salsas to the dessert flan, the meal was the best. As a bonus, they were having happy hour all day Monday and Tuesday, so our margaritas were half price! yay!

• Visited August 2012
Houston Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The reviews said this was a great place. I was disappointed. There are three locations and we went to the one on 1511 Airline. I had the chicken fajitas and my wife had a bean burrito.
The chips and dip were very good, especially the salsa. The fajitas were average.
My wife said she enjoyed her burrito.
The guacamole and pico de gallo were served in a chip on the plate. There was so little guacomole that when asked by the waiter how everything was, I showed him the guacomole and asked what was anyone supposed to do with so little. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "yes, this is not very much at all."
The service was lacking. our drinks went dry, as did our salsa cup.
I will not return, and would advise others to skip this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“W. Belfort and Fondren”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have been to all 3 of their locations. However, the best one is the W. Belfort location. The restaurant is run by 2 brothers and their respective wives. Chely takes the early shift and both sisters in law share the lunch time and finally Rocio closes. It is a match made in culinary HEAVEN!!! The margaritas are the BEST in Houston. That's a HUGE declaration and it is not made lightly. The spinach enchiladas are fabulous. The Chile Relleno with Chicken Fajita instead of ground beef is the way to go. If you're watching your calorie intake you'll want to order their Taco Salad estilo Doña Kristina. Both the red and the green salsa are made by the sister of the brothers and it is to write home about!!! The TORTILLAS take your pick corn or flour are brought hot and fresh to your table. We love it and so will you!! OH! The SERVICE is always friendly and with a genuine SMILE!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank James T
“Don't let your CC out of your sight”
Reviewed 23 March 2012 via mobile

My Amex was duplicated at this establishment and used at two grocery stores in the area the next day. Food is great, just pay at the cashier on the way out instead of giving your waiter your card.

I'm sure the employee has been fired, but ...

1 Thank HouTXHeightsGuy