“Pride in Ownership”
Review of Bistro le Cep

Bistro le Cep
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro le Cep is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Le Cep today. My brother and I had the fish special, flounder with a lemon caper sauce served with fresh roasted vegetables. Our appetizers consisted of the crab and red pepper soup and the stuffed avocado. The wait staff was very attentive. Several times the owner or manager, don't know which he was, came to our table to see if we were enjoying our meal. He even brought out two thin mint Girl Scout cookies for us. He claimed he bought a lot of them and didn't want to eat them all! I guess he heard me say how good the cookies were when you freeze them because a while later he brought out one very cold cookie for me! You just don't find this type of service much any more. Love Bistro Le Cep!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our second trip to Bistro le Cep and both times were excellent. The variety on the menu has something for everyone's taste. I am partial to the wild boar, the wife to the crab cakes. Selections also include chicken and fish. Salads are fresh and tasty. Breads offered are wonderful, slab on some real butter without regrets! Desserts are superb, with the last trip having apple tart and french ice cream. The Bistro le Cep is where we celebrate birthdays among other special occasions. You will enjoy your meal and the atmosphere.

1  Thank Shuttrrbug
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is a lovely little bistro with very nice and accommodating staff. Being alone, I sat at the bar and was promptly greeted and waited on. The staff were attentive but not annoying. The pate they bring you as an app was wonderful as was the French bread. Not starving, I ordered the French onion soup (French restaurant right??) and must say, I have had better. The broth was mostly tasteless – tasting neither beefy nor oniony - and the cheese was a gelatinous blob of not very tasty Gruyere. Disappointing but, perhaps this is not their strong suit and I would certainly give it another shot when in town.

1  Thank charlestoncat
Bistro Le Cep M, Owner at Bistro le Cep, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear charlestoncat,
We are sorry that you were not pleased with the French Onion soup. Normally, we get many compliments on it. We hope you will stop back in sometime and enjoy one of our excellent entrée options. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

A French local restaurant Very good food and they have snails on the menu. The wines are reasonable The ambiance is country French Well worth the price and value

Bistro Le Cep M, Manager at Bistro le Cep, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear EKWhouston,
Thanks for the great review! We hope you will stop in again soon to try some more of our great menu items.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have frequented this restaurant for many many years, I have introduced many people to it too. Consistently good food, good service, good wine and reasonable prices! Great lunch spot for the girls or business lunch and a romantic dining spot for couples, same staff for years speaks volumes!! If you live in Houston and have not been here, why? Love it!!!!

Bistro Le Cep M, General Manager at Bistro le Cep, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Theresa,
Thanks for the great review! We are so glad to hear that you always enjoy your experience. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again soon.