“Now Tommy's Restaurant and Oyster Bar”

Tommy's Seafood Steakhouse
Ranked #207 of 8,907 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clear Lake
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We went for dinner for my husband's birthday. He had a steak, and I had fried shrimp. The food was very good. We enjoyed the meal very much. Good food, and our service was very good. Would return for special occasion. Somewhat pricey, but we took food home. Generous servings. We were with my daughter, son-in-law, and one year old granddaughter.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Oysters were good! They have happy hour where you can get a dozen oysters for $6. Also had gumbo which was good. Prices were fair. Service was excellent. Very nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this place for a date or business dinner!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Having been a regular customer of Tommy's for many years and experienced many excellent meals and happy hours with friends and family alike, I was dismayed to experience a recent miserable evening stop at Tommy's. Seems that Tommy's has changed hands and is now being operated a a run of the meal neighborhood stop and go instead of a pleasant and comfortable neighborhood restaurant it had been famous for for many years. Everything must change with time??? Does it have to be for the worse? Decor has. Hanged to cheap and dull. Wait staff are unattentive and poorly dressed. Cleaners where at ever corner of the restaurant areas during dining ours. Bar tender just didn't care and had a poor attitude. Bar cook was using the food cooler as his private fridge for drinks. No gloves no hair covers. Use of microwave for everything!!! Food wasn't cooked! I cancelled my takeaway because I was concerned with the cooking process being demonstrated, level of cleanliness and staff appearance and was never asked why. And last but not least, the new manager (I think it was the manager??) never acknowledged or ask why I cancelled my meal, to fish!!! Do not waste your time or money on the new Tommy's.

1  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We are fairly regular diners at Tommy's, eating there about once a month. We have never been disappointed and find it to be as good or better than most any restaurant in Houston. The drinks and wine pours are generous. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is understated. It's one of the few places we enjoy eating at the bar as much as being served at a table. And you can actually have a conversation without having to yell.

Tommy's menu focuses on seafood and salads, but the steaks never disappoint and the pasta dishes are excellent as well. Yes the raw oysters are great and always fresh, but you are missing out if you don't try some of their house specials for cooked oysters.

For our 10th anniversary we started by sharing 3 dozen oysters. My entrée was the seafood platter - a huge plate of tasty fish, shrimp, stuffed shrimp, seafood stuffed jalapeño, oysters and calimari, fried to perfection in a crispy batter without a hint of grease.

Veronica had a grilled salmon steak with sides of fresh vegetables and their incredible carrot souffle. (How they make carrots tastes like sweet potatoes with a hint of cinnamon is beyond me.)

For dessert, we shared "Jealousy", a light pastry filled with cooked pears and topped with Raspberry reduction, accompanied by cappacinos for each and Baileys.

I cannot recommend Tommy's enough but, remember this, if you plan on going on a Friday night and want a table, make reservations. It's that popular. If you are lucky, you'll get Gregory as your waiter.

Bon appétit!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Restaurant is in a strip center, yet manages to retain an understated elegance and professional ambiance. My go to place for a business lunch or dinner when I'm in the area. Staff is always professional with out being intrusive. Food is fresh, martinis are good and cold. The kitchen is accommodating to those with gluten allergy and special requests. The tables are spaced far enough that you can have a conversation and hear each other talk. Tommy's does well in all areas.