“Cheap, fun and yummy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 8,025 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Cheap, fun and yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a place I frequent for many reasons. I first found out about it because of Diner, Drive-ins and Dives show. Then I read about it for one of the best burgers in Texas. So I knew I had to take my husband.

He loved it! He always orders the firehouse burger, which I don’t even want to smell because it’s so spicy, but that is just me. I try everything else on the menu. Havent gotten the enchiladas another thing they ar known for. If you go on a Saturday you can get Texas Chicken Hash. Delicious!!

They have a very tasty cobbler that they pair with ice cream, ooooohh so good. The staff is so friendly and the owner is there to always chat with the customers. Very cozy place, but you have to go with a bit of patience, because sometimes there is a line out the door, so worth the wait though.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Leslie_LWS

houston, tx
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Finally made the trip downtown to try Lankford's. Crowded at 11 am on Saturday but was able to get a table inside. Room is old and sags and tilts in places but that adds to the character. Waitstaff was right with us and our food came out pretty fast for being so crowded. Stuck with the double cheesburger this time with a side of onion rings. Excellent burger. Tood 6 napkins to finish it so it had a good ooze factor. Cooked just right--medium well. Onion rings were good too. They have several burger options and some get kind of strange but good to have some choices. I hear the enchilads on Wednesday are great and they do a good chicken fried steak.

They do serve beer and had some good sounding desserts but after that burger--no room left for anything. Will stick with a single patty next visit. CASH ONLY!!! Kind of hard to find-my Tom Tom was not able to find the street but when I entered the name of the place it found it right away and took me to it without any problem. Parking is pretty much along the surrounding streets. They do have outdoor tables with umbrellas. I will be back again to sample some more menu items. They do have a website so visit it to check out the menu.

• Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Worst biscuit ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Since I saw onTriple D we stopped and ate breakfast thinking if the burgers were good the rest should be pretty good, right? Nope! Just glad it was cheap. Slow to no service, had to practically beg for second cup of coffee. I don't mind the grease aka flavor, but biscuit was dry, not fluffy or even tasty. Wouldn't even stop again to try the burgers.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YoureMyButterhalf
Katy, TX
“Didn't blow me away...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

After seeing this in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, I had to try it. Very small place and it was very warm inside. Hard for me to enjoy my meal when it's so warm in the room. Every once in a while I could feel some cold air, but not often enough. The burgers were just your average burger. My daughter had the fish sandwich and she said it was okay. I don't think the waitresses have sections there, so we had no idea who was supposed to be taking our order... and it took a while for someone to even walk up to us at our table. It's "seat yourself", and since there are so few seats, we had to sit down at a dirty table until the waitress finally came over to take our order. As we left, some family hurried and sat down at our dirty table, as it was the only one available. Tables are VERY close to each other. The did have seating outside, but it was over 90 degrees that day. Bring cash, they don't take credit cards.

• Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Just as I imagined”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I had heard about this place on quite a few tv shows, and had been wanting to go for a very long time. I went recently with a friend, and it was DELICIOUS. Not just cheap, but a great sized burger too. Can't wait to go back!