“Sushi, really???”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was my first and last visit to Blue Fish House on Richmond. I am no sushi connoisseur but you don't need to be one to know bad sushi. I'll start with what I had and then assess the quality, taste, etc. I had a spicy salmon, spider and shrimp tempora roll, one raw and two cooked rolls. The spicy salmon tasted like tuna but was dry and bland. It was not good to say the least and I hope I don't get sick. As for the soft shell crab (spider) and the shrimp tempora rolls, the latter taste better than the former but both tasted old as if they had prepared them and either left them out and/or refried them in the case of the soft shell crab. So while the happy hour menu is more generous than some and the prices are competitive you are better off paying more for better quality!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I love Blue Fish! Yeah, it is not a genuine Japanese place, more like fusion but the rolls are great, they have other options even vegetarian ones. Down side is parking and small restaurant size.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Loved the food, delicious and fresh sushi. different that your traditional sushi. Order the Blue fish roll and the scallops... out of this world.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Creative and large rolls are perfect for our family to share. We usually get the volcano roll or shrimp tempopo to share. My kids love the crawfish roll, devil oyster roll, and the spicy tuna. Great happy hour deals, too. Sugar Land location has very attentive service. Houston location has outdoor seating.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

we went on a Sunday, they had really good happy hour special. I loved the Devil Oyster Roll, not too spicy, not too bland. And i also enjoyed the lychee sake. It's a nice little spot, you can sti in the patio or inside. I will definitely be going back soon. The service was good, although it did upset me a little bit that they would try to clear out your table too soon... Kinda like rushing you. Other than that, it was great.