“Stupendous Sushi”
Review of The Fish

The Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #732 of 8,287 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Houston, Texas
“Stupendous Sushi”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Took a customer here for lunch. We ordered some bento boxes and some extra rolls. Wanted to try the sea urchin, but they were out. The server Stefani recommended Blue Fin Tuna as a choice. It was AWESOME!. This sushi had a light sweet taste, and it literally melted in my mouth. My customer said the same thing. Definitely try it out.

• Visited September 2013

Makati
“Will satisfy your craving”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick lunch and ended up getting the lunch set which had rice, soup, beef, salad and some vegetable tempura

Taste was ok and service was timely. It is quite decent, nothing to go crazy about, but definitely a decent restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Diboll, Texas, United States
“Nothing raw for me, Please”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we go to Houston we always try to go to The Fish to eat. I'm very picky when it comes to sushi. I don't want anything raw and I don't want anything cold. This tends to pose a problem for me in sushi restaurants. Each restaurant has different names and ingredients in their rolls. It's not like ordering a hamburger. So when I find something I like I stick to it. We always have the lobster crab puffs. They are like an egg roll except they are stuffed with lobster, crab, and cream cheese, then deep fried and served with a thin sauce. My favorite roll is the Lobster Roll. It has lobster katsu, avocado, cream cheese, crab, wasabi mayo, spicy sauce in it and it's baked. Oh so yummy! My second favorite is the Shoi Roll. It has tuna, salmon, yellowtail, masago avocado in it and is battered and fried with a sauce drizzled on it. I'll go ahead and tell you about the third roll we got, but I didn't eat it. I let my friends enjoy that one by their selves. It's the Millennium roll and it is cold and raw. It has spicy tuna, cucumber, avocado, peppercorn tuna, lemon sesame sauce in it. My dining buddies seemed to enjoy it. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Houston.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Happy Hour on Sundays!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I enjoy coming here after church on Sunday for lunch to get happy hour. The prices on sushi are very cheap and are delicious!

• Visited May 2013
Angleton, Texas
“Nice Sushi restaurant in Midtown”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We decided to dine at The Fish for my wife's birthday. We really enjoyed our experience. The sushi was great and you have to try the asparagus wrapped in bacon. You also need to try the CucumberRita. Very refreshing and easy to drink, but be careful with all of that tequila. Valet parking is available for the low price of $6. The valet service was easy and they were very efficient. Parking in Midtown is limited, so valet park and make it easy for yourself. The only negative thing about the restaurant is the lighting. It is very dim in the restaurant. Overall, if we are in Midtown craving sushi, we will be visiting The Fish again.

• Visited May 2013