“Awesome Sushi and Presentation”
Review of The Fish

The Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #853 of 8,452 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Is The Fish the best sushi restaurant in Houston, maybe, if not, it should be in the top 5. My wife and I went for the first time on Friday evening (October 11, 2013), and every part of the experience was excellent, from the time we entered until we left. Our server's name was Grace, and she was exceptional at helping with recommendations and just taking care of us. We had a variety of food from both the Sushi Bar and the Kitchen, and both of kept making umm noises with every bite. I would rank this restaurant right with another similar one, Kota Robata, which we have been to several times and enjoy. All in all, you won't be disappointed, let your taste buds have a wonderful time.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've been to this place many times, easily one of the best sushi restaurant in town! The special rolls are all heavenly delicious, they even offer happy hour all Sunday with great prices! Parking could be a problem though if you do not mind parking a little further in the alleys for free.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Took a customer here for lunch. We ordered some bento boxes and some extra rolls. Wanted to try the sea urchin, but they were out. The server Stefani recommended Blue Fin Tuna as a choice. It was AWESOME!. This sushi had a light sweet taste, and it literally melted in my mouth. My customer said the same thing. Definitely try it out.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick lunch and ended up getting the lunch set which had rice, soup, beef, salad and some vegetable tempura

Taste was ok and service was timely. It is quite decent, nothing to go crazy about, but definitely a decent restaurant.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we go to Houston we always try to go to The Fish to eat. I'm very picky when it comes to sushi. I don't want anything raw and I don't want anything cold. This tends to pose a problem for me in sushi restaurants. Each restaurant has different names and ingredients in their rolls. It's not like ordering a hamburger. So when I find something I like I stick to it. We always have the lobster crab puffs. They are like an egg roll except they are stuffed with lobster, crab, and cream cheese, then deep fried and served with a thin sauce. My favorite roll is the Lobster Roll. It has lobster katsu, avocado, cream cheese, crab, wasabi mayo, spicy sauce in it and it's baked. Oh so yummy! My second favorite is the Shoi Roll. It has tuna, salmon, yellowtail, masago avocado in it and is battered and fried with a sauce drizzled on it. I'll go ahead and tell you about the third roll we got, but I didn't eat it. I let my friends enjoy that one by their selves. It's the Millennium roll and it is cold and raw. It has spicy tuna, cucumber, avocado, peppercorn tuna, lemon sesame sauce in it. My dining buddies seemed to enjoy it. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Houston.