“Unique dining experience”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$41 - US$120
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had read mixed reviews but was happy with the experience. Valet parking quick and efficient; seated quickly. Business dinner for 8 and opted for the 5 course set tasting menu. Good choice! Every course outstanding with the executive chef explaining each course to us as we went. Excellent wine menu. Interesting building and décor; nice setting. Service on the whole was very good although our drinks waiter was, initially, a little slow to respond but picked up the pace as the evening progressed. Couldn't really fault the place at all.

• Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas
“Great Food but Average Execution”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I recently had dinner at Rainbow Lodge and the overall experience was good and the food excellent, although my steak was a bit overcooked. I love this restuarant, its atmosphere, and its menu but I have a few complaints. Before our party was complete the waiter was pushing special appetizers. We didn't bite. They also committed two pet peeves...describing specials but not giving you the price of the specials (one happened to be $50) and taking away plates from diners finished with their meal before all diners are done. Nothing is more uncomfortable than being the only person to have a plate of food in front of oneself.

Visited June 2014
Tomball, Texas
“Unique, Exceptional Dining Experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have heard people say that this is one of Houston's best dining destinations, and now I know why. I highly recommend dinner here, especially if you are traveling to Houston and are in search of an unique dining experience.

I walked in to find the log cabin atmosphere the perfect place for a first date. The hostess that greeted me was extremely friendly. The waiter that sat us was excellent at his job as well. Cyrus our server provided us with exceptional service through out the evening including a lot of patience as we were so busy talking that it took us a long time to look at the menu and decide what to order.

For appetizer and dinner we did plates that allowed us to sample lots of different wild games. Everything was cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat was outstanding.

My only critique would be that I would like to see a broader range of selections on the wine list.

“Expected More”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went here on a Friday night and expected an excellent meal but it turned out to be only average. The ambience is fantastic but that is about it. The service was mediocre. The waiter was mostly attentive but I had to ask for a steak knife and other high end services were missing. The food was good but our 2 dishes were both served in a bowl. The excellent steak had potatoes and sauce mixed in with it. My duck had rice and some vegetables mixed together. The duck was not good. However, the prices were moderate so maybe I should not have expected much. I also thought it was odd for the busboys to be wearing T-shirts with the restaurant's name and phone number on the back. As I said, an average dinner.

Deer Park, Texas, United States
“Super Dining Destination!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We book some places because they are near a show, or a prelude to an active evening. This dining experience is the destination! The ambience is warm, and esoteric. We loved the bar, a river scene carved from a single piece of wood. The decor brims with crystal and hunting trophies. The staff is well studied in the history of the Rainbow Lodge, and all of its delectible offerings, and happily to shared it all with us. We ordered the chef's choice, which comes with a full presentation of each of 5 or 7 courses. Our chef Kelly Boyd overflowed with savory selections and charming anecdotes. Some offerings come with herbs and greens from the gardens on which the lodge sits. We also allowed the sommelier to pair the wines with each course, and the choices were perfection. The property is lush and lovely for an after dinner stroll.