“Excellence!”

Cuisines: European, French, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a recent business dinner here and sat in the back private room surrounded by wine. All food was amazing. The whipped potatoes and soufflé were great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beautiful upscale restaurant, excellent menu selections, also some reasonably priced wines.
We celebrated my daughter's birthday with friends; we like the whole experience.
It's our first trip to Tony's since they redecorated; the place is beautiful; we will be returning.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

New to Houston, I attended a group luncheon at Tony's. While the food and service was below average, I understand it is sometimes difficult to maintain quality when serving large groups. What was harder to swallow, however, was the damage done to my car while in possession of the valet. After leaving Tony's and driving home, I discovered several fresh scrapes on the driver's side front bumper and fender. Since the car had not been out of my possession since being detailed 2 days before, it obviously occurred while moving the car in or out of a parking spot at the restaurant.

Upon discovering the damage, I immediately called Tony's and at the manager's and valet's request, I returned to the restaurant that same day with the car. They took pictures, took my contact info and said they would be in touch with me in 2 days. At that point, I foolishly believed they were going to do the right thing, but I had to follow up with them several times during the next 2 weeks just to get a return call. When I finally talked with the restaurant manager, he said the valet service is provided by a separate company, (even though under contract to the restaurant), therefore the restaurant had no responsibility for any damage done by the valet service. When I finally heard from the head of the valet service, he said since there was no video, no witnesses and no other proof, they had no intention of paying for the repairs to my car. His final words were, "Go hire an attorney."

Very Expensive Lunch!!!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'm not the stereotypical patron but this is my go to when I want the perfect dining experience. Classy professional waiters. Excellent pours and mixes. Always, creative and delightful menu options that leave you contemplating after your decision is made. Solid amnesia and never a regret when you first see and sample your divine plate. Over the four decades and even after long protracted absences, I find myself asking why I had not been back sooner. Tony keeps it all updated yet keeps the comfort of all past gourmand traditions.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Well, I have been here once before, years ago. I thought I would review this time. I am sure this place can be special, if you are over 70 and been going there for 30 years. If you are not though and have not, then really you can do much better. We had to wait for Aperitifs, ask for menus, ask to order and were kind of left to our own devices. The food was OK, but not great and certainly not up to the standard of many other restaurants. They had some kind of truffle promotion on and food that we had with it was way over powering with it. My duck was served on burnt skin and was over cooked, I was not actually asked how I wanted it. The tenderloin a friend had was over cooked also. We ploughed on through to the signature dessert which was a white chocolate and raspberry souffle. It was under done, stodgy and far far too sweet...so, all in all at USD 150 per person, try somewhere else before Tonys, plenty of options in this town.

1  Thank RichardUpshall