“Great Food, Fast Service”
Review of The Breakfast Klub

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We decided to go to this restaurant after a co-worker of my wife raved about it. After driving directly there from the Dallas area, we were somewhat shocked by the long line that snaked outside when we arrived. It was around noon and the restaurant closes at 2PM, so we were uncertain if we would even be able to get served. After being assured by one of the locals in front of us in the line that we would have no problems, we stuck it out. Being in the line was entertaining. A member of the staff brought menus so that we could peruse our options and there was a face painter for the kids. We waited about 45 minutes to get inside the door.

Once we got through the front door, we discovered the reason for the long line...you order and pay for your food at the front counter before being seated. After finding a seat and getting our drinks, it could not have been more than 3 minutes before our food was on our table "piping hot"! My wife had the chicken breast and waffle while I had the catfish and grits. Both plates were heaping and the food was delicious! We even ordered some chicken wings to take back to our hotel room for an early evening snack.

The staff kept the place immaculately clean and the prices were reasonable. Definitely a place to visit again and again!

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Came to Houston to visit a friend, non of us have ever been before and I highly recommend stopping by when your in the area!! The nicest people and the best food!!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great food, great coffee, great service, great atmosphere, and great-way to start the day.
Barry Goodman

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The line moved really quick so that was a pleasant surprise. If you have never had chicken and waffles then this is a must. If I had not had this combination at other restaurants (outside the Houston area) then I would not have a set standard. Don't get me wrong service was good, food was good, wait time to eat on a Sunday morning was not too bad, they are well organized (I give them 5 stars for that). I would go again with family memebers but when I come to town I won't say hey I must go to the Breakfast Klub, but please give it a try. Cost is about average for a restaurant of this type.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I came here with my cousins, and we all love a big breakfast. This is brilliant place for brunch or a big american breakfast.

I absolutely loved it. Im a huge fan of waffles and wings, and to me the combination is greater than the sum of its parts. The menu had loads to offer and we ordered a few plates to share between the five of us. The Fried chicken was well seasoned, crisp and tender inside. The waffle was infinitely satisfying. The fried catfish had the perfect texture and was sooooo good. The grits and potatoes on the side were also excellent.

The service was warm and friendly, and the general manager makes a point of greeting most of the tables. We were warned that we would have to queue unless we arrived very early. Having got there at about 11 in the morning we only had to wait for about 5 minutes.

I was completely full after this meal, but was definitely satisfied and really enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank BarneyWLH