“OMG”

Ranked #16 of 8,181 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“OMG”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was traveling with a large group and before we touched down in Houston, I researched restaurants for breakfast. The Breakfast Klub came up many times during that search. When we first arrived at the restaurant, we were a little thrown off by the long line; but that didn't deter us. After we all received our food and took a couple of bites, we knew BK was where we would be eating breakfast.

OMG. I felt like I was back home at my grandparents house. Each day, I had the grits, eggs, pan fried turkey, and toast. The chicken and waffles looked amazing; but I did not try the dish.

I will definitely go there again the next time I am in Houston!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta
“Heaven on a plate”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Breakfast Klub is a diamond in the rough. We pulled up and saw a crowd, we almost left but decided to stay. So glad we did. First of all they spoil the customer with great service. Whoever the lady is that works the crowd - she makes the experience a great one. Because they consistently have a line, they bring out tents for their patrons to stand under to make them comfortable. I thought that was awesome. Once you get in the door everything runs like a well oiled machine. The wings and waffles are great! Potatoes, grits...everything is mmm...mmm...good! We went twice in our three day stay. The only reason why we did not go three is because we did not know about them the first day!

• Visited April 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great Eats and Friendly, Real People”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

If your into high fiber diets, running for no apparant reason or anxious to save the planet then this is Not the place for you. However, if you occasionaly feel the need for a shameless, good old American meal in a hustle-bussel setting then head for the Breakfast Klub. Forget your Cardiologist for an hour or so and dig in. Big portions of excellent basic food. You'll probably make a few new aquaintances during your meal. Something about the atmosphere and menu brings out the smiles from repeat customers. Anyone who isn't happy is likely someone you wouldn't care to know anyway.

• Visited March 2014
Hong Kong, China
“This is the place...sort of”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Yes,the food is good. You may have to wait in line. Large portions and home cooked goodness. I have another joint I prefer for chicken and waffles but this place is great as well. It isn't "upscale"---and it gets loud at lunch....but I keep going back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank fracmeister
Houston, Texas
“Authentic”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Food is excellent, portions large, value decent, and lots of variety. Both locals and business guests mingle well in this Houston icon.

Visited March 2014