“Good Place..Bring Cash”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We enjoyed a late brunch here today. Staff was nice, and at 2pm, there was no crowd. I enjoyed a 3 egg omelet with spinach, cheese and tomatoes, and some very good, very hot grits, as well. My brother enjoyed a blueberry bagel.
The staff is friendly, and the restaurant is clean and relaxing; like an old school coffee shop; with very good coffee. They only take cash, but our entire meal was only $10.00.
We then walked next door to the bagel shop and took home some of their bagels; rye, blueberry, banana, and more. I liked that they had so many flavors, where I was told a year ago that P*anera no longer made their banana bagels, as they explained they were "out of season". Hrgghhhh??? When are banans ever not IN season? A Scooby Doo moment for me, so I was glad to find the many flavors here. Again, the staff in the bagel shop was kind and accommodating, and the owner even welcomed us.
Come and enjoy a bite, well worth the trip!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter and I stopped here for breakfast/lunch near her work. This an awesome Jewish bagel/coffee shop/deli We enjoyed the bustling conversations of those in the neighborhood as much as the food.She had a greek omelette and onion bagel and i had a Kosher Knockwurst with GOOD sauerkraut and GOOD coleslaw an a pickle.The coffee was fabulous too.Brought home a half dozen bagels too..which are made there fresh. I will want to try the Fish Box next based on the reviews.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

A staple for HouJews! Great, fresh bagels and a great place to go to brunch and see the whole community. They are also very involved in the Jewish community, so it is not unusual to see the Jewish youth groups holding bake sales outside, so if you see them, save room for homemade desserts!

1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We went to eat breakfast here for the 3rd time, and still love it. It feels like stepping back in time about 30 years, which is fun, and the food is very good. It's always bustling, and people always seem to be enjoying themselves. This time I tried kippered salmon and the "everything" bagel at the waitress's suggestion, and they were great - part of the "fish box" that includes cream cheese, cucumbers, olives, capers, etc. Next door is the bakery which sells more bagels and baked goods - the cookies and pastries we bought after breakfast were also very good!

1  Thank GailGT
Reviewed 10 October 2012

It never let's me down. It may be busy on some mornings but it's always putting out some great, clean, fresh and delicious foods. Whether, it's just eggs o/e with grits or the corned beef hash and eggs you can't beat it. And please...those fresh hot toasted bagels!!! I could go on. Stop me now...it's all good!

1  Thank Lizardia