“Fiasco Dinner!”

Taste of Texas Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8,398 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$22 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

After fighting to get a parking spot and waiting 1H15 Min for a table. My wife and I we wanted to relax and enjoy a good dinner, We ordered for her a Tuna Steak with Broccoli and baked potato.
The Tuna was a very small steak undercooked and the food was served after 30 Min we ordered. This place looked like a zoo! I have to say the waiter was nice. The chocking fact is that plate was poor and overpriced at $39.00. The experience was not too pleasant! Probably is worth to get a beef steak than fish in this place!
John C

1  Thank waterguard
Write a ReviewReviews (2,890)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

First let me say this place was amazing. The atmosphere was wonderful and already decked out for Christmas. The service was top notch and my server was at my table almost immediately after sitting down. Now for the food. All steaks come with either soup or the salad bar and one side. I ordered the Texas onion soup and the garlic mashed potatoes with my NY Strip. The soup was quite delicious and not too salty like some onion soups can be. It was a good size portion and actually didnt finish it because I didnt want to fill up on sides. The mashed potatoes were light and fluffy and my only complaint was that they didnt seem to have enough of a garlic taste for me. Finally, the steak was exceptional. It was served hot and very juicy and cooked just the way I like. Now for the bad and that was the wait! If you get there during prime time, you will wait at least 60-90 minutes and they don't just tell you that. I waited for 75 and I was dining by myself. The one nice thing that they do which is they have free popcorn, salsa and soft drinks for you while you wait which is a really nice touch. Despite the wait time, I would go back.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Was taken here for dinner with some colleagues who are locals.

At first you think it may be just a hokey tourist trap but once the meal is served you see they take their steakhouse name seriously.

After being on my feet for 7 straight hours I was starving and went with the salad bat and one of their Tomahawk Ribeye's. The salad bar large and grand with an abundance of different nosh options from veggies to fruit to cheese and salads all fresh and delightful.

My steak was cooked to perfection which is usually an issue at most steakhouses very few get the meaning of blood rare and always over cook it, not here done exactly the way I like it. The meat was well aged and marbled nicely although it could of been trimmed a little more precise but still not objectionable by any means.

Overall a good place which seems to draw all groups from business clients to families out enjoying themselves to the tourist crowd so highly recommended for all. The best part of the experience was upon hearing it was my first time in the place I was presented with an official cowboy bandana ... it did make me smile in a way a real only in Texas moment.

1  Thank SEBESZ
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I must say that I didn't know what to expect when we first got there. The wait to get into the restaurant was a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours. However, it was very worth the wait! The food was outstanding and the customer service was just as much outstanding. By that being our first time there, we were able to go to the butchers shop to pick out our own steak! I couldn't have been more pleased with everything and when I make it back to Houston.....I must go back to the Taste of Texas if I do nothing else while I'm there!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Love, love, love Taste of Texas!! This is the best steakhouse in Houston. My favorite steak is Prime Rib and it is fork tender at Taste of Texas. They have fabulous sides to choose from, that come with your steak along with the extensive salad bar and bread. I highly recommend this restaurant. Their desserts are fabulous here as well. The staff is amazing too.