“Buttery Prime Rib” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taste of Texas Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$22 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Natchez, Mississippi
“Buttery Prime Rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Always a good meal here. It is top notch on every item, but expensive. The wait staff always ask if you are there celebrating something, because it is a special occasion place. I've been lucky enough to go on business expense several times. Everything is always good. Favorites: filet, prime rib, salad bar, and bread.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
“Friendly atmosphere, more than you can eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent salad buffet; friendly, family but busy/noisy atmosphere (compared to others like Pappas' bros).

Steaks are huge; you can go in the back to select your own (esp. for first time visitors).
Good value for money.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Salad, starters, steaks, shrimp, sides, sweets all top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went to the Taste of Texas for a team lunch. Bit of a treat. They are so popular that they normally do not take reservations and also do not really have separate dining rooms, but for us they had prepared a long table for about 20 people in a narrow corner of the restaurant which did give us the privacy we preferred for the event. The food was just outstandingly good, and the service very much on top of things in a relaxed way with special attention for newcomers to the restaurant including lots of explanations and a photo taken with cowboy hats and bandana for keeps. Salad, starters, steaks, shrimp, sides, sweets all top notch.

I have not been to all steakhouses in Houston, which is nigh imposible, but I am glad to say this is surely the best one I have been to (and I have been to some good other ones too).

1 Thank Hermes_NL
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fiasco Dinner!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

After fighting to get a parking spot and waiting 1H15 Min for a table. My wife and I we wanted to relax and enjoy a good dinner, We ordered for her a Tuna Steak with Broccoli and baked potato.
The Tuna was a very small steak undercooked and the food was served after 30 Min we ordered. This place looked like a zoo! I have to say the waiter was nice. The chocking fact is that plate was poor and overpriced at $39.00. The experience was not too pleasant! Probably is worth to get a beef steak than fish in this place!
John C

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank waterguard
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

First let me say this place was amazing. The atmosphere was wonderful and already decked out for Christmas. The service was top notch and my server was at my table almost immediately after sitting down. Now for the food. All steaks come with either soup or the salad bar and one side. I ordered the Texas onion soup and the garlic mashed potatoes with my NY Strip. The soup was quite delicious and not too salty like some onion soups can be. It was a good size portion and actually didnt finish it because I didnt want to fill up on sides. The mashed potatoes were light and fluffy and my only complaint was that they didnt seem to have enough of a garlic taste for me. Finally, the steak was exceptional. It was served hot and very juicy and cooked just the way I like. Now for the bad and that was the wait! If you get there during prime time, you will wait at least 60-90 minutes and they don't just tell you that. I waited for 75 and I was dining by myself. The one nice thing that they do which is they have free popcorn, salsa and soft drinks for you while you wait which is a really nice touch. Despite the wait time, I would go back.