“Satisfying Sushi”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Satisfying Sushi”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Sushi Jin is a little slice of Japan right in the middle of a strip center in West Houston.

From Sukiyaki (must request a raw egg for dipping) to Sashimi their food is above average in all categories.

Attentive service, reasonable prices and great food make this a West Houston hidden sushi gem.

Highly recommended.

Cons: Stained grout lines between tiles and drop ceiling reduce the overall atmosphere but after a few rounds of Sake and great food you won't notice.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank 35000ft

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The food was good. The service was excellent. I would definitely go back.

Houston
“The best Japanese food in Houston for sure!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Trust me on this. I am originally from Japan and this is by far the best in Houston. All my Japanese colleagues only eat here as well. Sushi is good but also try "sukiyaki" next time. You cook on the table, and 1 order can be shared by 2 to 3 people. Yummy!

2 Thank texasmamaof2
Houston, Texas
“Good sushi”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Have been several times in the last 4 years; it's expensive but it's one of the best in Houston, with sushi that tastes like sushi.. The main hall is a little big and impersonal but the fish is high-quality and made like it should be: fresh and by experienced, clean hands!
If you like sacrilegious combinations, I am pretty sure they also have the various Texas-style rolls and uninviting "sushi" like that, but honestly since I don't do that sort of stuff, I do not remember for sure.
Nigiri sushi and sashimi taste great and they have a good selection to choose from. Nothing like the sushi you get in Japan, but hey, it still works, especially compared to the Chinese/Korean-run wanna-be sushi makers in town, which ça va sans dire, I avoid like the pest (see my review of Ichibon for example).

The only better place for sushi and Japanese food in town that I know of and have tried myself several times is Sushi Miyagi on Bellaire Blvd and which comes highly recommended.

• Visited September 2010
Carencro, La
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit over hyped”
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Just had dinner there this evening. The service was good, Sushi was pretty average. We tried the Tiger Eye, Roll Alaska Roll, Crunchy Crab roll, Scallop roll and Texas Roll. I would give the Texas Roll 4-stars, the Scallop Roll 1-star and the others 2 to 2.5 stars.

I had one piece of the scallop roll and it was terrible. Told them I didn't like it, and didn't want it ans asked them to take it away. I was hoping that they would comp me for it but that didn't happen , I would have gone back just for the Texas Rolls and maybe to find out if their might be other diamonds in the rough, but since they were too cheap to comp me for the bad roll, I won't be going back.