“Very authentic”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This the best Japanese restaurant in Houston. When my family wants to lunch out or dinner Sushi Jin is always in the list. Nice crew and nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Alfredo M

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been reluctant in finding a neighborhood sushi spot in west Houston, but took my chances after a friend recommended Sushi Jin. Finally I have a local spot to get my sushi fix! Everything was fresh and seasoned well and the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We had a few appetizers including the fatty tuna, hamachi and tempura battered okra. We also had a couple of rolls to try them out and they were great as well! The live prawn was highly recommended but I was too chicken to try it out, maybe next time. Nice wine and sake selection as well as an awesome twist to a saketini I recommend trying.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went with some friends after work, but found out that they do not have Happy Hours. This place is very pricey. We ordered several kind of sushi to share, it was all good, but when we got the bill, wow! So be prepared. The wait staff is very courteous.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Coming here for years since following a master chef who has left a lasting impression of detail and excellence. The sushi is of the highest quality and never disappoints. The details of quality are never overlooked. Sometimes you have to wait when a slew of people stream in at once but the wait is well worth it and the ambiance is serine and tasteful as with Japanese design. The place is just comfortable. The bento boxes are a favorite because the many choices that are all delightful. The soups can not get any better. The sushi is of the highest quality in Houston.
I could go on and on but I always look forward to dining here. It is always worth the drive.

1  Thank sunnytraveler2
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We came here on a Saturday afternoon. The place wasn't very busy. We were seated right away and our waitress came to us promptly.

We ordered the Texas roll, the Soft-shell Crab roll and the Spicy Tuna roll. All three were gorgeously prepared, very delectable and each had a very distinct flavor.

This was our first visit here and we will most definitely return the next time we are in the area.

I highly recommend it!