“Watch out for the automatic 18% gratuity added”

Skewers Mediterranean Cafe & Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Cross street: Weslayan
Transit: We are located in the heart of the Greenway business district and anchored by the Galleria Costco and Edwards Cinema.
Description: A contemporary Mediterranean & Lebanese restaurant in Upper Kirby and Galleria area in Houston TX, offering inspired Mediterranean cuisine with a touch of Greek influence. Skewers Café menu mixes authentic Lebanese, French, and Italian from around the Mediterranean sea with a twist of modern Mediterranean business Lifestyle, creating a culinary journey for the palate and senses. Complementing the international cuisine, Skewers café offers an impressive wine, full bar cocktails, and beers list from all over the world while featuring favorites from Lebanon, France, Spain and throughout the Mediterranean. Flavor and Freshness are served. The Fresh, Delicate, and healthy ingredients starts from the freshest organic vegetables and Mediterranean spices, coupled with the freshest Halal meat organically fed with no Hormone, antibiotic or preservative. Dining at Skewers is an escape to the Mediterranean healthy lifestyle with live music and international bands along with Belly Dancers performing every weekend. The atmosphere is fun, classy casual, perfect for large families, business meetings, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, and any special occasion and Happy Hour gatherings. Lifestyle Catering Experience Skewers Houston Mediterranean Lebanese Restaurant can go to its guests. We are certified & registers caterer In the Federal Government award Management System for the freshest food & the top quality ingredients. - we offer full service catering and delivery throughout the city of Houston.
Sugar Land TX USA
“Watch out for the automatic 18% gratuity added”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I unsure why, but the bill for just myself and my daughter (not a large group) had the tip automatically added to the bill. It was 18%. Service was good, but I don't like having any tip automatically added. When the waiter brought me the credit card bill, there was also a spot to add a tip. I wonder how many people tip twice, and don't know it.

Food was not bad, entertainment was good. Neat to watch people smoking the hookah. I had not seen that before. Probably won't return due to irritation over the automatic gratuity.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank merkurmaniac

Houston, Texas
“Canned veggies?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Most disappointing place I've been to in a while, chicken was dry and no taste, hummus was bad, my green beans were obviously out of a can. I hope they get better cause I'd love to eat here considering I live next to it

1 Thank dereckashley
F'burg
“Taste and Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stopped for a "small" meal before a movie and had a delightful Mediterranean mixed plate supper. The service was attentive and helpful, but the restaurant was so cold that I had to wear my coat throughout my meal.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Recent changes disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

This used to be a "once a week" place for us for lunch, at minimum, but probably won't be back now. I don't know for sure what happened but sooooo many things changed like overnight...none of the same friendly people are working there and the chef is obviously different. We've given it 3 chances to get better since the change-over, but it's just not the same anymore. The meat in the gyro pita wrap (from the lunch specials menu) is oily and burned to a crisp. I wouldn't mind a few pieces in my wrap with the crispy edges, I think it adds good texture, but when that's the way ALL the meat is in the wrap, I think there's a problem. It used to be delicious, tender and juicy. There used to be a grilled chicken kebab as an option for the pita wrap too, which I loved...that is no longer offered. Also, sadly, the lentils and rice side is not the same. I could have made a meal out of that alone before, but not anymore. It's bland and very dry now and just doesn't have the same flavor. Probably the biggest disappointment...the vegetable soup. It was once probably the best I've ever had...and the BF agrees. I think he almost shed a tear when we learned it wasn't the same anymore! The new chef's version isn't even close to what it was...and really didn't seem like a veggie soup to me at all. I thought it was awful....much like everything else now, it was bland and oily and had a really weird "mealy" texture, which was really strange. Evidently lunch is now a "wait to be seated" affair, where that used to be for dinner only. I kind of liked it better the old way...I could order quickly and grab my own drink, etc. Now you are waited on for all day parts...and the service was slow. We had to wait 10 minutes to get our glasses of water and had to ask for silverware when our food was served. I also miss the old olive "tapenade" type of spread/dip that was served with the pita chips before...that stuff was great...and since the BF doesn't like olives, I had it all to myself! Now, it's a small bowl of oil with waaaaay to much herbs and spices and probably lemon juice. Very tangy and doesn't really go well with the pita chips in my opinion....seems like it would be more suited to a soft bread dip. I'm really bummed about having to remove this place from our lunch rotation...it used to be one of my favs :(

• Visited June 2012
“Wonderful authentic Lebanese food with great entertainment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Had a great assortment of delicious food. Lamb kabobs as well as other terrific sides cooked by a middle eastern chef. Entertained by belly dancer and music. Hope to visit this place again.