“A Place to Impress Your Guest”

Pappas Seafood House Gulf Fwy
Ranked #477 of 8,433 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've always loved going to the Pappas Seafood chain when I'm in Houston and this location did not disappoint. I was there with a business associate and we were able to get right in. The menu featured a lot of fresh fish and seafood. My partner started with an order of oysters in the half shell and he raved about the taste and freshness. I ordered the shrimp gumbo and it was excellent as always. For the entrees my associate ordered the fresh halibut which had just come in and I ordered the mixed seafood grill. Again, the meals were cooked to perfection, tasty and with awesome service to boot. It's located about 10 minutes from the hotels near Houston Hobby airport.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Recently were in Houston overnight before a cruise and were recommended to eat here by the hotel we stayed at. We were very happy with our choice. Service was very friendly, helpful, and fast. We loved all of our entrees: filet mignon, catfish, mahi, grouper and pastas. Good beer and wine selection. Left full and happy. Little expensive but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Went here last evening - we requested a tavle in the on the outside patio - where the Hostess took us to a table. Sat there for 15 minutes - no one every acknowledged us - finally asked a bus person to get a waiter - brought menus and my friend and I each ordered a dirty martini and asked if the DIRTY table we were seated at could be cleaned - A girl came with a NAPKIN and tried to clean the table - I requested she get a cloth and something to clean the table with - she returned and I actually had to help her clean the table. OK - we also asked for 2 waters. About 15 mintues later the waiter appears with 2 martinis - spilled about half of each drink while he put the on our table with no napkins. He put them down and just walked away. We looked at the drinks and noticed they did not look like "dirty" martinis and they were not - took a sip out of the dripping glass - nope no9t a dirty martini at all....So I opened to door to the inside and asked to speak to a manager. The young woman standing just inside the door where she had been observing US said OH I am a Manager whats wrong? I said come outside - and proceeded to show here the glasses on the wet table with half the contents on the table she said oh I guess he should have given you a napkin...we proceeded to tell her about the poor service - she had NOTHING to say or offer us anything - I told her we did not want to pay for the martinis - she said OK and offered nothing - not sorry how can we make this a good experience - not nothing - we left - this place has the WORST service...and they just do not care....will never go back and make sure I steer people clear of this overpriced overated establishment.

1  Thank jeanninemr
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Have eaten at Pappadeaus for many years, but this was first Pappas visit. Really good food. Had the blackened catfish with sauce I cannot spell! Spicey! Wonderful. They were having problems due to a shortage of wait staff. (There was a sign out front.) so service was a little slow, but they were so apologetic and gave us free appetizer, so we went back two nights later. Had the Fried shrimp, crab cake, stuffed crab. Yummy!! Same atmosphere as Pappadeaus just smaller. Same wonderful food!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I don't eat ANY seafood, so being part of a group I thought I'd be eating breadsticks all night long. But that was not to be - I had a great NY Strip Steak, grilled to perfection, with absolutely delicious red mashed potatoes. Nice place, good service - I had a pleasant evening.