“Pricey, but wonderful steak”

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Bros. Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8,435 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$26 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Chimney Rock & Fountain View
Reviewed 2 June 2014

New York strip and chocolate mousse cake are outstanding. However the fried soft crabs which we had had before were disappointing--Being from Baltimore, we know our blue crab. These crabs did not taste fresh ?frozen. Our fault for not complaining at the time. We go to Pappas once or twice a year and for special occasions.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A great steakhouse experience, with great food, service and reasonable prices, given their target market. I can't recommend this place enough for special occasions (my wife and I went to learn the gender of our unborn son),date night (great to eat a steak and have a martini in the bar) or any night you are craving an exceptional meal. Great for business as well.

My one small thing that most of you would never even consider, and I only bring it up because I consider Pappas Bros to be the best of the best and they should be held to higher standards. their preparation of the bleu(blue) filet. For those of you unaware, there is a temp between essentially raw and rare. Basically you should hardly even cook the steak and then serve it almost raw. It is a very tough thing to do; I have found most steak houses have issues with it (Bob's in Plano, TX is the only one I have found that does it perfectly everytime). As I grew up on a cattle ranch and acquired a love of extremely rare steak, I feel compelled to make this one slight observation. Still, even with that comment, their not "bleu" filet was still awesome and didn't affect my enjoyment in the slightest. Please take that comment, not as a complaint, but as a way to improve an already amazing dining experience

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The appetizers were fantastic. Bacon wrapped scallops and the salmon appetizer were unforgettable. If you only get those (I know it's a steakhouse but still) you will be satisfied. Unfortunately I am not a steak person (my dinner company did enjoy the steak) so no comments on that but from what everyone around the table said the steak was a hit too. Good wine selection... Don't bother with the sides - asparagus just ok.. Overall a good experience and ambience and would go back for a special occasion -- pricey but probably worth the splurge for once in a while.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am unable to speak highly enough of Pappas Brothers Steakhouse. We had dined there several times and sampled almost everything on the menu (and things that are off-menu). My recommendation is the filet mignon, or a live Maine lobster. The menu is truly haute cuisine and this is reflected in the cost, but it is truly worth the price. Everyone in the staff is well educated and very professional. The restaurant is beautiful and always cleaned to perfection. If you want one of the finest meals in Houston, this is the restaurant for you!

1  Thank JPD302
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Make a reservation and check this place out. Truly one of best steak houses in the city. Also try their deserts.