“Almost overwhelming”

Ranked #14 of 8,173 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Abilene, Texas
“Almost overwhelming”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I go to Houston regularly, so when I saw this place on a cooking show my wife was watching I decided I'd try it on some future visit. Finally had the right opportunity. It is a busy place in a busy strip mall, so parking became a strategy and racing challenge between me and another customer. I won! I've never been to New York, but the fast pace and atmosphere here must be close to the real thing. Late lunch time service was excellent. The menu is enormous and somewhat confusing to a west Texas boy. I got many suggestions from various waiters, none of which I followed in the end. I ordered a corned beef and pastrami on rye combo sandwich (the Ziggalicious, I think it was) with a side of potato salad. It was humongous. More than a human should consume, but I managed. It was excellent. I recommend any flatlander touristers going by should give this place a try. Really easy off and on I-610.

Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas
“If you need a New York FIX!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After living in London, to go have breakfast here was like in heaven. All fresh, all big food, all polite people... and then the food came....

If you have a chance wander over they are great, friendly and the place you want to be on any morning.

The sandwiches are huge... so make sure your hotel room has a fridge...

Macduff, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visited Kenny & Ziggy's in Houston and was not disappointed. It has been on Diners, Drive ins and Dives so was expecting something special before I went and was not let down.
Friendly and attentive staff looked after me until a table became available. This is a busy restaurant, but they are very fair and seat in the order that you put your name down even if its busy. I was alone, but was shown to a booth that would sit 4 even though there were larger parties waiting behind me. They have an extensive menu which brings the New York Deli experience to Houston. Food was excellent and my glass was filled regularly without me ever having to ask so the attention to the customer was never lost. Would highly recommend it, even if you go just to sample the experience

• Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
“Lotta NY Sandwich”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First, the pickles...excellent. Unfortunately, request for more not provided. Food good, service decent. Get there before 11:45 to not wait too long.

Victoria, Texas
“Oh my GOOD-ness!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Kenny & Ziggy's is just heaven in Houston! Their classic ruben sandwich is just to die for! The cabbage rolls are wonderful - better than my grandmothers! The matza ball soup is a delight! This place is popular so a little wait might be expected at busy times, but well worth it. Located in the Galleria district, it's easy to find and ample parking is right out front. The pies and other deserts are an absolute wonder. A little pricey, but the portions are very generous and the quality of food - one doesn't really mind the cost. The service is impeccable too, I might add!