“Avoid Like the Plague!”

KOTO Japanese Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2,122 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I try to have sushi at least once when we travel. My husband has even learned to make it himself, so we have a pretty good idea of what constitutes good sushi. This was not it. I'm glad we like to order as we go because after the first two rolls, we called it quits. Not only did the eel roll smell fishy (and how can a cooked eel sushi roll smell fishy?), but the spicy tuna roll was anything but. Both the rolls were so loosely rolled that the pieces would fall apart the moment we picked them up. We should have realized it was a bad sign when we came in and the dining room smelled fishy. We're both incredibly happy we avoided anymore food and the potential for a night of gastrointestinal unpleasantness!

I'm giving it one star only because there is no half-star rating for the somewhat nicely decorated interior (marred by the now-ubiquitous TV screen).

There are newer reviews for KOTO Japanese Restaurant & Bar

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 March 2008

is the best sushiiii xD!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook